Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

ZOFRAN help!!!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 11:54 PM
  • 20 Replies
I have been so sick. I decided to bite the bullet and finally take Zofran. I was wondering who else has taken it and what are your experiences and side effects?

Thanks in advance!!!!
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 11:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iHEAVENn
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 11:59 PM

Mega oh my what the crap constipation.......

Other than that it didn't help much lol. 

-:Logan Jacob:--:December 1st 2007:--:7 Pounds 4 Ounces:- -:My Everything:- 

-:Baby #2 is on the way:-

baby development

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Jan. 22, 2014 at 12:06 AM
Zofran is something I'd only take if it outweighs the side effects. Also be aware that last fall, it was discovered to have a high risk for heart defects in babies.

Having said that, I took it with my pregnancy last year and it made me horribly constipated. It's so, so bad about that. It wasn't worth it for me.
Devon143
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 12:36 AM
Only side effect I had was constipation, in my case it was well worth taking
Johlsh
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 4:07 AM
Yes I took 8mg every 6-8hrs during all three of my pregnancies til I delivered. It made a huge difference for me! Only side effects was occasional headaches and severe constipation. The constipation is awful!!!!
Merrick17
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 8:57 AM
Constipation and headaches for me. I didn't take it ling, the headaches were very bad but I also tend to get migraines. Hope it works for you.
joshsmommy23
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:40 AM
I stopped taking it because of the bad constipation!!!
H-P-AngelBaby
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:50 AM
I took 8 mg every morning till about 17 weeks. I did have constipation at first but then it went away. Never any headaches though. But it was worth it and better than not being able to keep any food or liquids down.
baby development
mama0207
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:21 AM
I had constipation and headaches, but those went away for me. I also get really sleepy with zofran, although I don't thin it is supposed to be sedating. Also, when it starts to wear off, I find myself getting really agitated and irritable. I don't know if that is due to nausea or some wired zofran withdrawal, but I did want to mention it.
jesi817
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:50 AM
I was warned about the constipation, but it is unreal! Very painful. I'm stuck between taking stool softeners and the zofran so I don't throw up. I need to go buy activia. It such a never ending cycle. I tried to get off the zofran but threw up 3 times yest. Idk. Guess I'll keep taking it. :(
smurfy88
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 11:19 AM

It works great for me but the constipation was horrible! After 2 months of constipation I found miralax works great to battle the constipation.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)