Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

What do you consider to be a natural labor?

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 1:15 AM
  • 27 Replies

How do you define a natural labor?  Would being induced still be considered natural?

by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 1:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 1:16 AM
2 moms liked this
I don't think so. I consider natural labor no meds at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elayna90
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 1:18 AM
I consider natural to be no meds
mommy2b114
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 1:22 AM
No meds
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Jan. 22, 2014 at 2:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Natural = spontaneous labor that remains unaugmented, with no use of pain medications.
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this

this

Quoting Pandapanda: Natural = spontaneous labor that remains unaugmented, with no use of pain medications.

CutieCrab
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:18 AM

Natural labor= no drugs. IMO. :)

srm8824
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:31 AM

Sometimes an induction is needed therefor the labor can still be natural... I don't think that if you get induced (especially by more natural means-- not pitocin) that it means you did not have a natural labor or birth.

Devious103102
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 12:24 PM

Natural is a natural occuring labor. No induction, no meds. That's why with my daughters I say I had a "pain med free" labor, lol. My son was a "nautral" labor (no induction, no meds of any sort).

dedicatedrider
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 12:27 PM
Natural is nothing artificial influencing it, so no, I don't consider an induction to be natural. I know many people just mean vaginal when they say natural, disregarding any use of drugs, whether pain relieving or labor inducing, during labor.
JorJorsMom
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 1:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Great responses!  Ty.  It didn't occur to me until recently that being induced would not be considered natural.  It makes sense why it wouldn't be.  Anything interfering with the birthing process would not be natural.  Although, sometimes it is medically necessary.  Or even preferred by some mother's, like the epidural.  Well, no matter how it's done the most important part is the end result - A healthy Mama and Baby.  :-)  Thanks for giving your input.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN