Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Induced contractions worse?

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 4:50 AM
  • 13 Replies
I always hear this, it's kind of comforting that natural ones aren't as bad but I'm not sure. Have you had both? How does it compare?
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 4:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 4:54 AM

not sure but I had to be induced both times and I really didnt have much pain until I was just about to push baby out.

coupon_ash_back
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 4:55 AM
Quoting MixedCooke:

not sure but I had to be induced both times and I really didnt have much pain until I was just about to push baby out.

same here, I took naps and was ready to push when I woke up.
sarahtbkh
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 6:10 AM
I've been induced 4 out of 5 times...induced contractions are by far more painful. With the one i went into labor on my own was faster, less painful...just all out a more enjoyable experience.
JorJorsMom
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:19 AM

I was induced once, my other 3 progressed naturally.  I would never want to do it again.  When your labor progresses naturally your more eased into the pain.. contractions get stronger and more intense as they go along.  But when your induced it just goes right from bearable to totally painful. I didn't like it.  It's kind of like after your water breaks your contractions get more intense, but even more then that when your induced.

KelliansMom
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:51 AM
I was induced with my son. The contractions where not painful but they never stop to give me a break. I will not be getting induced this time around.
srm8824
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:43 AM

I have heard that if they break your water the contractions are more intense (and also with pitocin, too).

I have never had pit or anything but my water broke with my first and I had a natural labor/birth. It was painful and intense, not gonna lie, but I am hoping this time my water doesn't break so it doesn't seem as bad! I think the main thing is that it is intense contractions that are strong and constant. There was no point that my contractions were 5 minutes apart. They were 1-2 minutes apart the entire time so there wasn't much for breaks in between. It was do-able though, not impossible by any means. 

Devious103102
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 11:58 AM

I've had both.  My contractions weren't too bad with DD1, they were "off the charts" but I didn't really feel them, with DD2 they broke my water and gave me a small bit of pitocin for about an hour and I felt like death. My contractions with DD3 were horrible but only because I was stuck in bed (had pre-e so I was hooked up to all sorts of monitors/meds for my BP) and my labor was short and I barely had time to adjust before they were on top of each other. With DD4 they didn't get too bad till transition and with DS they weren't so bad.

toopicky429
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 12:00 PM
I've had both, and they were the same to me.
OhSara87
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 12:02 PM
My water broke at home with ds and I was given pit right away. They were intense but nothing I can't handle this time around. Being induced either this Friday or Monday
Honey_Comb
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 12:04 PM
I've had both and I don't feel they are worse they just come on faster. And I can see it feeling like its worse because there's no easing up to the active labor contractions.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN