Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Bumper or no bumper. Seriously starting to get concerned!

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 7:22 PM
  • 24 Replies

Poll

Question: Are you getting a bumper?

Options:

Yes, I think they are safe

No, too dangerous

No, but for other reasons

Yes, safe or not I'm getting one!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 45

View Results

I'm noticing that bumpers are not being sold in crib sets anymore. I knew they were a hazard for certain ages but didn't realize it was that serious. My babies have all had them. But honestly aren't in their cribs until several months old. I really want one simply for looks but if they are really that dangerous then I don't think I should get one! Who's getting one and who isn't?

by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 7:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KelliansMom
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 7:51 PM
We didn't use a bumper till my son was six months old. He is a wild sleeper and would wake up with bruises from hitting the sides of the crib.
staciexo
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 8:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I just feel like they are a waste of money. Crib sets are too much money and i would rather spend $10 on just the sheet.

amberNewman0213
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 8:11 PM
We had one with my first 2. With this one we left it out.
iamcafemom83
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 8:12 PM
We bought the whole crib set with our first. It was real cute...duvet, bumper, fitted sheet....only ended up using the fitted sheet! !
I did try to use the bumper....but it really makes it difficult to change the sheets. I had to untie mine each time...what a pain. I only used it for 2 weeks.
Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 8:13 PM

We've always used one.  I have no concerns over them.  I know with my older 2 we had it in and out at various stages for various reasons but I couldn't tell you what those are now...it's been a while :)

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Jan. 22, 2014 at 8:26 PM
I don't understand the purpose of them. A small baby isn't going to move around enough to hurt themselves to need a bumper, and I've never known a baby who can't move away or turn their head away from a crib bumper, so I don't get how they're a hazard.

And by the time baby is big enough to maneuver around, they're going to try standing on it to climb.
tansydreams
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 8:55 PM
1 mom liked this

We'll use breathable ones.

lillucky8
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 8:56 PM
I had them for both of my kids
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MistyMoo
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:00 PM
I had them for ny first two, bit won't be using them for this one. We're going to use the play pen bassinet for a bed until we get a bigger bed for dd and then we will convert that old one back into a crib.
CmC1307
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:56 PM
We use one at the very beginning, take it off when they start rolling and put it back on once they are strong rollers and sitting up
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)