Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

csections and inductions

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:01 PM
  • 83 Replies
Do you all think a full term pregnancy calls for an induction or a csection and i mean no major issues.
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KikiB85
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:10 PM
I wasnt induced until I had hit 41weeks 1 day. I was okay with it at that point bc he needed to come out lol and after a failed attempt (19hrs) I had a c section.
cheetah90210
by Mrs.jones on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:19 PM
I just want to know is it calles for just because a failed attempt does it mean it wont happen on its own later i cant help but think about back in tge day when we didnt have all this medical stuff.

Quoting KikiB85: I wasnt induced until I had hit 41weeks 1 day. I was okay with it at that point bc he needed to come out lol and after a failed attempt (19hrs) I had a c section.
lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:22 PM

my son was far to big for me to pass naturally. ended in a csection. dd was a repeat thankfully bc she would have died otherwise.

i dont think its called for in all cases but in some yes. 

KikiB85
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:24 PM
I had the option to be induced again like 3 days later if i didn't go naturally. I was exhuasted n didn't want to go through it again. My Dr said in the long run it was a good choice. She didn't think I'd go naturally and would of ended up with the c section after next attempt. I know plenty are against it all but I'm really OK with my decisions and such.

I don't think it's generally called for. I wouldn't have agreed to the inducing if i wasn't already late. I think it's kind of crazy that some induce just bc at like 39weeks. Unless there is a medical reason i think it should all wait till you hot 41-42weeks mark.

Quoting cheetah90210: I just want to know is it calles for just because a failed attempt does it mean it wont happen on its own later i cant help but think about back in tge day when we didnt have all this medical stuff.

Quoting KikiB85: I wasnt induced until I had hit 41weeks 1 day. I was okay with it at that point bc he needed to come out lol and after a failed attempt (19hrs) I had a c section.
beachlove512
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:30 PM

If there are no issues? No. Baby will come when he/she is ready. I was induced due to pre-e signs at 40 weeks but had I not had that issue, I would have waited it out.

cheetah90210
by Mrs.jones on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:31 PM
41 weeks isnt that far along and i guess your not really understanding my question not it your ok no what your dr said but naturally do you think its called for i was induced as well but i dont think i needed to be now that i look back even though i was uncomfortable and almost 42 weeks now i think my baby wasnt ready

Quoting KikiB85: I had the option to be induced again like 3 days later if i didn't go naturally. I was exhuasted n didn't want to go through it again. My Dr said in the long run it was a good choice. She didn't think I'd go naturally and would of ended up with the c section after next attempt. I know plenty are against it all but I'm really OK with my decisions and such.

I don't think it's generally called for. I wouldn't have agreed to the inducing if i wasn't already late. I think it's kind of crazy that some induce just bc at like 39weeks. Unless there is a medical reason i think it should all wait till you hot 41-42weeks mark.

Quoting cheetah90210: I just want to know is it calles for just because a failed attempt does it mean it wont happen on its own later i cant help but think about back in tge day when we didnt have all this medical stuff.

cheetah90210
by Mrs.jones on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:33 PM
How big was he

Quoting lilmama8408:

my son was far to big for me to pass naturally. ended in a csection. dd was a repeat thankfully bc she would have died otherwise.

Irene1923
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:34 PM
Someone I know got induced at 39 weeks because her doctor said she could and she wanted her baby born on her dad's birthday....she had to have a c-section because she wouldn't dilate. I was induced because my water broke and nothing was happening. After 22 hours of labor, I was given one more hr before I had a c-section. She was delivered jusy after 23 hrs. Any lomger and it would have neen necessary because she was becoming stressed. I am hoping no induction this time.

Quoting KikiB85: I had the option to be induced again like 3 days later if i didn't go naturally. I was exhuasted n didn't want to go through it again. My Dr said in the long run it was a good choice. She didn't think I'd go naturally and would of ended up with the c section after next attempt. I know plenty are against it all but I'm really OK with my decisions and such.

lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:37 PM
Over 10lbs I was over 2 weeks late

Quoting cheetah90210: How big was he

Quoting lilmama8408:

cheetah90210
by Mrs.jones on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:40 PM
1 mom liked this
My husband was 11 pounds his mom had him vaginal , i think dr scare woman to make their job easier .

Quoting lilmama8408: Over 10lbs I was over 2 weeks late

Quoting cheetah90210: How big was he

Quoting lilmama8408:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured