Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Advice Needed: when did your nausea end i m 7 weeks and...

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 10:05 AM
  • 15 Replies

when did your nausea end? i'm 7 weeks and i have been feeling extremely nauseous the past few days. it's at it's peak.. i don't throw up as much (i did a lot a few days ago) because i don't eat warm foods.. if i do then i feel so nauseous. i also feel weird and depressed for some reason. i was so, so, so excited to get pregnant and even planned my pregnancy with my husband and now that i'm pregnant i'm not excited anymore. i don't know what's going on with me. my husband and i just came back from a 3 week trip to pakistan where we visited my family and i didn't want anyone to know about my pregnancy so i was hiding it.. my symptoms and everything, which was really and discomforting. i thought being back in the states would make me feel good because i would be able to eat my american foods and such but i feel so weird and things just don't feel the same as they did before out trip.  i don't feel like myself and it sucks. when do i start feeling better? =[ what were your experiences? thanks, everyone! xoxo

by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 10:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
missbritt22
by Brittany on Jan. 23, 2014 at 10:09 AM
It's your hormones sweetie! Don't think too much into it at this point, the beginning is always the worst! Once you get through the first trimester you should feel a lot better and start getting excited again :) Hang in there! The sickness usually ends around 11-12 weeks.
PJs35
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 10:09 AM
Mine stopped around 12 weeks but came back around 29. It differs for everyone. Try peppermint candies and keep crackers by your bed. Have a couple before getting up in the morning. It may settle your tummy a little before starting your day. Good luck.
Faett
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Ah hormones, they get ya when you're not expecting. Or should I say, when you're expecting :P Lol tryin to make you smile! Anywho, every pregnancy and every woman is different. My first daughter, I was sick up until about 12 weeks like normal. Its how I found out, I smoked cigarettes and would puke the instant I tried to smoke one and from then on the sickness started. With my current pregnancy......the first 12 weeks were twice as bad as my first time. It went away for awhile and has come back in the last few weeks. I am 26 weeks tomorrow. You just have to figure out what works for you. Tea? Crackers? I did best with fruit and carbonated drinks. My stomach loves fizzy! Tums are also my new best friend with heartburn and nausea. It gets better but there will always be something.

zandizane
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 10:20 AM
Mine stopped by 16wks :( Zofran was a life saver
amberNewman0213
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 10:21 AM
Mine stoped with DF at like 16 weeks but I was having to be put on meds because I had severe sickness that most woman don't have.

They usually say around 12 weeks u start feeling better.
Tricia737
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 10:21 AM
I never had morning sickness. But I'm 16 weeks and 4 days pregnant and now I'm getting morning sickness.
Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 10:50 AM

It's different for everyone. With DD1 I had "morning" sickness the whole 9 months. With DD2 I was sick for a few weeks (till around what would've been 6wks) then I was great till I hit 2nd trimester and was sick almost the entire time (from about 14wks to about 26wks). With DD3 I never got sick/nauseous. With DD4 and DS I spent the whole first and third trimesters with nausea. 

beachlove512
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:00 AM

With my first pregnancy, my morning sickness stopped around 16 weeks. This pregnancy, it lessened around 15 weeks and went away around 20 weeks. Ginger is good for nausea and (non-caffeinated) root beer helps too. What I learned from the first time around is even if you're nauseous, eat anyway. It will help keep you from feeling even more sick. I know food might sound yucky, but get yourself to eat some bland food. Your hormones are in a state of fluctuation so it's normal to feel like you're on an emotional rollercoaster.

CafeMom Tickers
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:15 AM

My first I never had it. My second I did from 6-12 weeks. My third I had it from 6-12 weeks and then in the third trimester again. I would take sips of my ginger beer.

misstaylor85
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:16 AM

I'm sorry, I had horrible morning sickness with both my boys, it lasted well after pregnancy up until my hormones balanced back out. SUCKED.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)