Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Anyone with subchorionic hematoma experience and Birth Centers?

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 10:13 AM
  • 3 Replies

I am hoping for some input as I wait to hear back.

I was in the process of switching to a midwife from my OB.. when I found out I have a Subcoronic Hematoma… I haven’t really heard anything much other than that…I put a call into the midwife (I got the news from my OB) but I haven’t heard back yet…

Has anyone had a SCH and successfully was able to transfer to a birth center? And deliver there? I am 16w+ and still spotting occasionally… Usually just when I wipe after having a BM.. (And yes, It is coming from my vagina)… The OB said my SCH is roughly 3cm x 1cm  

by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 10:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
srm8824
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:00 AM

Well, usually the SCH is gone by the time you give birth and it doesn't make you high risk so I see no reason that you wouldn't be able to move to a birth center. The only thing is that if your SCH does not heal you will be high risk for PROM and placenta previa as you move towards the end of you pregnancy... so I'm sure you'd be fine at a birth center as long as your SCH healed itself.

Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:40 AM

I did with my son. I believe I had an SCH and spotted/bled till I was around 16-17wks, pretty sure it was gone around that time, and was able to have a home birth. 

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 8:20 PM

I have not, but wishing you the best!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)