Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Extreme back pain. Help!

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:20 AM
  • 7 Replies
So this morning I woke up with extreme back pain. I know it's from not sleeping right. But I could no longer lay down and the only semi comfort I got was sitting up. It's probably a pinched nerve or knot. But the pain is terrible and any movement is making me cry. Deep breathing hurts and life is just miserable today. I'm exhausted and can't sleep. I'm currently 23w6d preggers and Tylenol hasn't even cut through the pain. Any suggestions as to what I should do to relieve the pain so I can finally rest?
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Devious103102
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:36 AM

Heating pad and a massage.

Baby3thinkpink
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 12:23 PM
Have your SO give you a massage. My second trimester I made my hubby do it every night because my nerves and muscles were constantly bothering me! Hope u feel better
afinecupoftea
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 1:46 PM

Massage or a bath/shower. If you feel well enough to be able to move at all, try some pregnancy-safe yoga stretches. 

LoveMyBug2013
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 3:08 PM

Try a chiropractor. 

pinklovesnore
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I got in the tub and that was a temporary relief. Once again tried to lay down but had no success. I think I'm going to try some yoga stretches as suggested. Hubby's going to come home on his work break to massage me ( my god I got an amazing man by my side! ) and hopefully ill have some success finding relief. If I'm not feeling any better by tomorrow morning, I'm on a search for a chiropractor in the area that has experience with pregnant women. It just scares me that they could do something wrong and hurt the baby.
Chaos1229
by Tasha on Jan. 23, 2014 at 3:20 PM

a massage , then a nice warm bath .

samsanders
by Samantha on Jan. 24, 2014 at 2:31 AM
I use a foam roller. They are $10 at Walmart. I always take a hot shower and felt the water hit what spot hurts. Exercise ball. DH's hands ;-) haha and Tylenol as a last resort. Eventually it just hurts no matter what you do. That's the point I am now at, at almost 37 weeks. Hope you find some relief.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured