Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

How long were you TTC before becoming pregnant?

Posted by   + Show Post

Did it happen right away or did it take a little bit of...effort?  =)

by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 11:47 AM
Replies (21-30):
Rosehawk
by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 12:19 PM

Good for you. Everyone I've talked to with ANY of my pregnancies never seemed to quite understand that we didn't care boy/girl, as long as we had healthy.

Quoting missbritt22: Well we have 2 boys so a girl would be nice :) Well be happy with whatever as long as its healthy!

Quoting Heather2001:

That's great!  Congrats - are you hoping for a boy or girl?

Quoting missbritt22: Right away for us, we started ttc on dec 31st and got my bfp on Jan 17 :) I had no clue it would happen that fast!!!

CafeMom Tickers
MrsSexyCurtains
by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 12:20 PM
Our second girl. Dd was over the moon at first but I think she's realizing her life's about to change drastically lol. She'll turn 8 in the summer and has been the center of attention for so long that it'll take some getting used to.

Quoting Heather2001:

I'm so sorry about your miscarriages.  I know how hard that is.  Are you having a boy or a girl?

Quoting MrsSexyCurtains: 4 years. We had two back to back miscarriages in 2009 and have been ttc ever since. I honestly thought it would happen way sooner but it is what it is. We were actually going to stop ttc in August and I got a positive in July lol.

MrsSexyCurtains
by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm just going to jump in here lol.

I had a few people tell me not to worry, we'll get our boy on the third try 0_0. I was like uh no we won't lol we're done at two and happy with two girls. I don't get what's so wrong with two girls! It's like we have to have a boy for hubby but he's more than happy with our girls.

Quoting Rosehawk:

Good for you. Everyone I've talked to with ANY of my pregnancies never seemed to quite understand that we didn't care boy/girl, as long as we had healthy.

Quoting missbritt22: Well we have 2 boys so a girl would be nice :) Well be happy with whatever as long as its healthy!

Quoting Heather2001:

Quoting missbritt22: Right away for us, we started ttc on dec 31st and got my bfp on Jan 17 :) I had no clue it would happen that fast!!!

jewelfroggee
by Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 12:25 PM

Our first took 6 years and our second took 2 years which was a miscarriage and we got pregnant again 2 weeks later. We now have 2 healthy boys! As soon as the doctor releases us we will start trying for #3 then we plan to be done.

Heather2001
by Heather on Jan. 27, 2014 at 12:26 PM

That's great!  Was it a surprise or were you actively trying?

Quoting WillsMOM72: Right away

Heather2001
by Heather on Jan. 27, 2014 at 12:28 PM

Were you expecting it to take that long?  I don't know much about the Depo shot so I'm not sure if that's normal to take that long or not.  =)  Congrats!

Quoting Rosehawk:

Two years and 1-2 months with this one.

My last Depo shot was July 11, 2011. My last period was Aug 30, 2013

Nickysnooks
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 12:28 PM
May 24 :)

Quoting Heather2001:

Wonderful!  When are you due?

Quoting Nickysnooks: Right away

Heather2001
by Heather on Jan. 27, 2014 at 12:30 PM

I know how that is.  It took 5-6 months with our first and I started wondering as well.  That first BFP is such a great feeling!  How have you been feeling?

Quoting butterflies81:

I am 15 weeks and 5 days. Due july 17.   it was taking forever. I really thought something was wrong and was going to give up for a while and a week later I got my BFP.

Quoting Heather2001:

Congrats, when are you due?  Were you expecting it to take that long?

Quoting butterflies81:

7 months for us

Heather2001
by Heather on Jan. 27, 2014 at 12:31 PM

I think most people just want a healthy baby, but I don't think there's anything wrong with hoping for one gender over another.  It doesn't mean that you'll love the baby any less if s/he wasn't what you were hoping for, you know?  Of course, there are plenty of people who truly don't care about the gender either.  =)

Quoting Rosehawk:

Quoting Heather2001:

Heather2001
by Heather on Jan. 27, 2014 at 12:33 PM

LOL, I bet!  There will be an adjustment period, for sure.  Do you have a name picked out yet?

Quoting MrsSexyCurtains: Our second girl. Dd was over the moon at first but I think she's realizing her life's about to change drastically lol. She'll turn 8 in the summer and has been the center of attention for so long that it'll take some getting used to.

Quoting Heather2001:

I'm so sorry about your miscarriages.  I know how hard that is.  Are you having a boy or a girl?

Quoting MrsSexyCurtains: 4 years. We had two back to back miscarriages in 2009 and have been ttc ever since. I honestly thought it would happen way sooner but it is what it is. We were actually going to stop ttc in August and I got a positive in July lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN