Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

How long were you TTC before becoming pregnant?

Posted by   + Show Post

Did it happen right away or did it take a little bit of...effort?  =)

by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 11:47 AM
Replies (41-50):
LoveMyBug2013
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 12:43 PM

Depending on how you calculate 6-10 months.

butterflies81
by Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 12:43 PM

Not bad. morning sickness is getting better. just dealing with my face breaking out all over. but other then this not to bad lol thanks for asking! 

Quoting Heather2001:

I know how that is.  It took 5-6 months with our first and I started wondering as well.  That first BFP is such a great feeling!  How have you been feeling?

Quoting butterflies81:

I am 15 weeks and 5 days. Due july 17.   it was taking forever. I really thought something was wrong and was going to give up for a while and a week later I got my BFP.

Quoting Heather2001:

Congrats, when are you due?  Were you expecting it to take that long?

Quoting butterflies81:

7 months for us

Rosehawk
by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 12:43 PM

Yep. Three pregnancies, three C-sections. I'm done. This pregnancy has been brutal on me. Way worse than my other two combined.

No massive morning sickness or anything like that. But VERY taxing on my energy levels. Not to mention this time around I've already got round ligament pain and off and on sciatica. I really need to remember to mention those to my doctor at the next appointment.

Quoting Heather2001:

Oh wow, I didn't know that about the shot and calcium - crazy!  Will she be your last?

Quoting Rosehawk:

No. But, Depo seriously effs up your hormones; it tricks your body into thinking its pregnant, so you don't ovulate. On average, it takes 6-18 months to conceive after stopping Depo. It's not recommended for long term birth control either, because you lose a lot of calcuim. I was on Depo for 4 years. I wasn't worried, at the time, and neither was my doctor. I tend to drink a gallon of milk in about a day and a half.

Hubby and I both were about to toss in the towel and say forget it. Since it was taking so long to get me pregnant, we both had really started to feel like we weren't supposed to have a third, that our boy and girl were it for us. We had all but given up when I got my positive.

Our other two will be 10 1/2 and 7 when this one (a girl) comes. We don't like that it's THAT big of an age gap, but we're just happy to have her and she's healthy.....so far as we (and the doc) can tell.

Quoting Heather2001:

Were you expecting it to take that long?  I don't know much about the Depo shot so I'm not sure if that's normal to take that long or not.  =)  Congrats!

Quoting Rosehawk:

Two years and 1-2 months with this one.

My last Depo shot was July 11, 2011. My last period was Aug 30, 2013

Heather2001
by Heather on Jan. 27, 2014 at 12:44 PM

I'm a planner, too, so I understand.  My three are almost exactly 2 years apart.  And I know next to nothing about the Mirena.  I'd ask your doctor, but if it were me, I'd probably have it taken out a couple months in advance and use condoms until you're ready to TTC to give your body and your hormones time to adjust. 

Quoting BaltimoreBaby: I wonder how long it'll take us. I want the age difference to be 3 1/2 - 4 years, which will not give us much wiggle room in TTC to make that age difference happen. She'll be 2 in April, which means realistically we should start trying as soon as this time next year (January 2015) and we're trying to buy a house before we TTC again so... A lot of stars have to align.

Eta: any suggestions on when I should get my merena iud removed? As late as the month before we start TTC (December 2014) or before?

Heather2001
by Heather on Jan. 27, 2014 at 12:55 PM

laughing

Quoting Rosehawk:

Oh yeah, I totally agree.

I still find it funny the blank looks people would give us when we answered them though.

Them: So, what do you want?

Us: Healthy

blank, uncomprehending look

Them: so what do you really want?

Us: we don't care, as long as there are ten toes and ten fingers, all in the right places, and all the other body parts are where they should be and working right.

Most of the time they still wouldn't get that we didn't care in the slightest, but they'd walk away at that point.

Quoting Heather2001:

I think most people just want a healthy baby, but I don't think there's anything wrong with hoping for one gender over another.  It doesn't mean that you'll love the baby any less if s/he wasn't what you were hoping for, you know?  Of course, there are plenty of people who truly don't care about the gender either.  =)

Quoting Rosehawk:

Good for you. Everyone I've talked to with ANY of my pregnancies never seemed to quite understand that we didn't care boy/girl, as long as we had healthy.

Quoting missbritt22: Well we have 2 boys so a girl would be nice :) Well be happy with whatever as long as its healthy!

Quoting Heather2001:

That's great!  Congrats - are you hoping for a boy or girl?

Quoting missbritt22: Right away for us, we started ttc on dec 31st and got my bfp on Jan 17 :) I had no clue it would happen that fast!!!

Nickysnooks
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 12:56 PM
Yep Im glad :) I have 2 boys also both born in September

Quoting Heather2001:

Nice!  My first and third were both due May 31st, but both held out to be June babies, hehe. At least you won't be pregnant during the awful summer heat, right?

Quoting Nickysnooks: May 24 :)

Quoting Heather2001:

Wonderful!  When are you due?

Quoting Nickysnooks: Right away

Heather2001
by Heather on Jan. 27, 2014 at 12:56 PM

Aw, congrats!  Did you end up needing help to conceive, or just persistence?

Quoting JessiFaye: It was a long journey. Just over 2.5 years: 31 cycles. We will finally have our little guy in March! :)

Heather2001
by Heather on Jan. 27, 2014 at 12:57 PM

Congrats!  Is this your first?

Quoting VirgoMom07: About 3 months

Heather2001
by Heather on Jan. 27, 2014 at 12:58 PM

Congrats - when are you due?

Quoting Mom2five87: 12 months last time. 2 months this time.

Heather2001
by Heather on Jan. 27, 2014 at 12:58 PM

I see....I think, lol.  When are you due?

Quoting LoveMyBug2013:

Depending on how you calculate 6-10 months.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)