Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

How long were you TTC before becoming pregnant?

Posted by   + Show Post

Did it happen right away or did it take a little bit of...effort?  =)

by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 11:47 AM
Replies (451-459):
babie113
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 1:26 AM
number 1 took just under a year of ttc

this one took just under 3years with help from Clomid .I have pcos so its never easy for me
Heather2001
by Heather on Feb. 13, 2014 at 1:27 AM

Gosh, I don't blame you!  I've heard mixed reviews on them so that doesn't surprise me really.

Quoting annamwagoner: I can't remember exactly, all but I was informed of the recall by my dr, mirena has had more than one recall though, I'm never getting it again

Quoting Heather2001:

Ah, I see.  Why did they recall them?

Quoting annamwagoner: Well, I had a recalled mirena so I may not count in the equation but, mine fell out in march or april of 2011 and didn't happen until march 2013. I had my 3rd child, 2nd boy, dec 1, 2013

Quoting Heather2001:

I'm a planner, too, so I understand.  My three are almost exactly 2 years apart.  And I know next to nothing about the Mirena.  I'd ask your doctor, but if it were me, I'd probably have it taken out a couple months in advance and use condoms until you're ready to TTC to give your body and your hormones time to adjust. 

Quoting BaltimoreBaby: I wonder how long it'll take us. I want the age difference to be 3 1/2 - 4 years, which will not give us much wiggle room in TTC to make that age difference happen. She'll be 2 in April, which means realistically we should start trying as soon as this time next year (January 2015) and we're trying to buy a house before we TTC again so... A lot of stars have to align.

Eta: any suggestions on when I should get my merena iud removed? As late as the month before we start TTC (December 2014) or before?

ramalamasp
by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 2:51 AM

Just a month :)

Lisette1528
by Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 6:05 AM

We know it's a girl, so Catlin Renee.  If it had been a boy, the name would have been Cullen Rielly.  We didn't intentionally do the C. R. initial thing.  :)

Quoting Heather2001:

Awesome!  I have two June babies and an early July baby.  It's a really nice time to give birth and have a newborn, IMO.  Plus, you don't have to sweat out the entire summer while huge and pregnant - bonus!  Do you have names picked out yet?

Quoting Lisette1528:

June 17th

Quoting Heather2001:

Aw, yay!  When are you due?

Quoting Lisette1528:

Yes, my first, but DH's second.  And this one's a girl!

Quoting Heather2001:

Congrats!  Is this your first?

Quoting Lisette1528:

7 months not preventing

Angela_Barlow
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 6:28 AM
6 other kiddos!

Quoting Heather2001:

Congrats, momma!  Do you have any other children?

Quoting Angela_Barlow: I'm 23 weeks.

I'm 42. I expected it to be a while if at all.

Quoting Heather2001:

Did you expect it to take that long?  Are you currently pregnant or have you had the baby already?

Quoting Angela_Barlow: About a year.

Keda84
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 8:26 AM
1st try was shocked because I was still breastfeeding and thought it would take a longer time.
azn_ladie82
by Melissa on Feb. 13, 2014 at 8:36 AM

After my third son, we had two miscarriages and that was really hard on me. My two younger boys were born premature, so I took the losses as a sign that I was meant to only have 3 children. I started school and started losing weight- really focusing on those. I was scared to have another child because we were very lucky to have two preemies who had no health issues at all. Even though I cried when we found out we were expecting our 4th..I've moved passed that and I'm looking forward to meeting our little girl :-)

Quoting Heather2001:

Oh no!  Were you planning on stopping at three, or did you keep the possibility of a fourth open? 

Quoting azn_ladie82: I waited a month after my missed period. I was in denial. I cried when I found out.

Sarah725
by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 9:33 AM

Every surrogacy journey is different and even if I say Yes that doesn't mean it will happen.  I hope and think that it will but only time will tell.

Quoting Heather2001:

Aw, that's just great!  Will you still keep in contact with them after the surrogacy is over?  (I'm assuming you will, but I'm not sure how all that works.)

mommy4life15
by Ashley on Feb. 13, 2014 at 10:25 AM
First was an accident, second right away, this baby was an accident.

So pretty fertile lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)