Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Not on here much, but checking in! 40 weeks tomorrow!

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 9:39 AM
  • 21 Replies

Went in for a check on Friday and I was not dilated and not soft, but I was forward and engaged. Went in yesterday to find out the same news:( Even with my contractions I am not progressing:( but they are coming more regular, and the doctor said because they last 60 seconds each that its a good sign! Induction set for next Tuesday due to her large size its medically necessary, fx I go on my own before then!!

I also bled reallyheavy after my check yesterday and it stopped pretty fast, didnt have any bleeding all evning/night, but this morning I started spotting:( Wonder if its from yesterdays exam still...

Love,
Mrs. Gonzales
 BabyFruit Ticker
by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 9:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meagan517
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this
It's definitely from the exam. How big is she? I've never made it past 35.5 weeks with all my sons. Congrats on surviving that many weeks.
evilangel198431
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 9:52 AM
Its likely from the exam. How often are your contractions? Is it possible for you to go for a walk to try to get them stronger?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jayangel82
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 12:48 PM

I didnt ask in case he suspected her bigger than his last guess.. his last guess was 8 1/2 pinds in the begining of Dec.. lol!

Quoting meagan517: It's definitely from the exam. How big is she? I've never made it past 35.5 weeks with all my sons. Congrats on surviving that many weeks.

Love,
Mrs. Gonzales
 BabyFruit Ticker
jayangel82
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 12:52 PM

I walk every day to help them out, ill get a few speratic in the morning through afternoon, varies on the day, then the rest are all in the evening and they calm down around bedtime. last night they were actually 11 min apart for an hour.. but went back to irregular after that. at night they go from 5 min to 12 min to 8 min to 20 min to 6 min usually lol! But they always last 60 seconds..

Quoting evilangel198431: Its likely from the exam. How often are your contractions? Is it possible for you to go for a walk to try to get them stronger?

Love,
Mrs. Gonzales
 BabyFruit Ticker
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Jan. 28, 2014 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Unless you have type 2 diabetes or your spine/pelvis have suffered trauma in an accident, an induction or cesarean for an estimated large baby is not a medical necessity. There is no evidence that supports it, actually. I'd do some reading, just so you have all the facts and truths so that you can make an informed decision.

http://evidencebasedbirth.com/evidence-for-induction-or-c-section-for-big-baby/
Junebaby18
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 1:01 PM
Ultrasounds in the last trimester are very highly inaccurate, they can be off by up to 2 lbs. Some moms say the ultrasound told them the baby was going to be 8-10 lbs and their baby was a tiny 6 lb baby instead.

I wouldn't go for the induction unless medically necessary.
jayangel82
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 7:00 PM

I have done my research ty

Quoting Pandapanda: Unless you have type 2 diabetes or your spine/pelvis have suffered trauma in an accident, an induction or cesarean for an estimated large baby is not a medical necessity. There is no evidence that supports it, actually. I'd do some reading, just so you have all the facts and truths so that you can make an informed decision.

http://evidencebasedbirth.com/evidence-for-induction-or-c-section-for-big-baby/

Love,
Mrs. Gonzales
 BabyFruit Ticker
jayangel82
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 7:01 PM

thanks but ive looked into it and I trust my doctor

Quoting Junebaby18: Ultrasounds in the last trimester are very highly inaccurate, they can be off by up to 2 lbs. Some moms say the ultrasound told them the baby was going to be 8-10 lbs and their baby was a tiny 6 lb baby instead.

I wouldn't go for the induction unless medically necessary.

Love,
Mrs. Gonzales
 BabyFruit Ticker
TeamBlueNPink
by Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 7:06 PM

did you have your membrane stripped?

jayangel82
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 9:08 PM

they couldnt because I wasnt dialated :(

Quoting TeamBlueNPink:

did you have your membrane stripped?

Love,
Mrs. Gonzales
 BabyFruit Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN