Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Doctor's appointment 31 weeks, good and bad news..UPDATE 1st home BP reading

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 10:41 AM
  • 19 Replies
Ok, first off, please excuse errors as my head is KILLING me and I'm damn near cross-eyed with it. :-/

Yes, Jackson looks great. He's measuring right on schedule, and weighing about 3lbs 2oz, with a head full of hair and long arms and legs (the arms from his daddy, and the legs from me, lol.)

Me? Well, I'm not doing so good, unfortunately. I had high blood pressure with my youngest child. My BP today was at the level it was when I DELIVERED him. Not only that, but the minor headaches (some borderline migrations) that I was getting ONCE a week, have become full-blown migrations every day since I started the Procardia, svc it takes forever for my passion meds to help.

So, almost $90 wasted for a contraction-stopping medicine I can no longer take because it's giving me signs of preeclampsia. I have another appointment next Tuesday to see if there's improvement (my BP DID drop a couple of points before I left the doctor's office), and I need to monitor and record my BP every morning and evening until then. Which, I'll only make it till Friday morning because Buddy is going back out of town, but it'll be enough to see what's going on.

My doctor is not worried YET, and is optimistic about me NOT having Jackson early (still not dialating), and we're just concerned about my health at the moment. She says I still look great, and other than what's been caused by the meds, I'm still perfectly healthy.

Here's hoping things even out like they're supposed to. :-/

UPDATE!
Already seeing improvement! When I left the doctor's office, my BP was 151/60. Buddy took out a little bit ago, and it's already at 120/71. I like that a lot better, lol. We'll take it again before bed, and I'll be monitoring it randomly through Monday, logging it, and showing it to my doctor Tuesday. :-)

Unfortunately,I feel like I may be catching a cold, but it's not bad, so maybe it'll be like a few weeks ago, and pass overnight, lol. Either way, I'm optimistic.
by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 10:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 10:54 AM
I hope everything turns out ok!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Red_Tempest
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 10:56 AM
Thanks. I do, too. My doctor seems to think it will, and I trust her. So...we'll see. :-)

Quoting kmqw229: I hope everything turns out ok!
lauren.m
by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 11:19 AM
Fingers crossed for you and baby
Larsbug
by Laura on Jan. 28, 2014 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this

hoppe everything turns out well

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Jan. 28, 2014 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Good luck!
Heather2001
by Heather on Jan. 28, 2014 at 2:34 PM

Praying that your BP stays down, momma!  Hugs!

Red_Tempest
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 3:07 PM
Thank you. :-)

Quoting lauren.m: Fingers crossed for you and baby
Red_Tempest
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 3:08 PM
Thanks. :-)

Quoting Heather2001:

Praying that your BP stays down, momma!  Hugs!

krn210
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 5:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Hoping everything goes well :)
Latina80
by Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 9:51 PM
I know its scary... I hope you get better...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)