Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Telling my mom

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 10:56 AM
  • 25 Replies

How do you tell your mom about you being pregnant when your only 16, I feel like this is going to be a huge disappointment for her and I don't know how to tell her plz help!

by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this

It probably will be a huge disappointment, but there's nothing you can do to prevent that. The best thing is to do it as soon as possible, and to just sit down and tell her calmly. Let her have her reaction time, too... expect that it might be rough going for awhile, but hopefully things will calm down eventually. 

ladybugchar
by Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 11:00 AM
I was a wimp, at 21, and texted my mom to tell her. Then she had time for it to sink in before I saw her in a few hours and I had the worst part over and we could talk.

It was from a relationship I had just ended.
KikiB85
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 11:03 AM
Shit...i was 19 and almost 4 months before i told my mom and i cried like hell. It sucks regardless. It's a hard situation to be in. Just got to suck it up. You will feel alot better once it's off your chest. They are always disappointed but hopefully she will come around and be supportive......good luck!
youngmommy1299
by Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 11:05 AM

I am 20 years old so not quite as young as you however my parents are very strict and controlling. I was so afraid to tell them because I knew how mad they were going to be. I just kept saying what I wanted to say and went up to them and told them. They were very mad at first and there was some words said. But, after a few days they are coming around and helping me. After you just tell them and get it over with you will feel so much better and it will be a lot easier with your familys support. I am here if you want to talk! I know it is tough but you will be ok and your parents will love you even if they are mad and dissapointed. Good luck and congratulations on your pregnancy! :)

Younglove400
by New Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 11:10 AM

I. Afraid that my mom will make me have an abortion or make me put it up for adoption, can she do that since I'm under 18. And I'm afraid that she won't pay attention to me or ignore me though the whole thing and still be very upset when the baby comes.

missbritt22
by Brittany on Jan. 29, 2014 at 12:07 PM
I got preggo with my first when I was 18 and I told my grandma first since I knew she would be more understanding. I was in my first year of college so I knew my parents would be disappointed. I told my mom over the phone and she got super mad and hung up on me. I have her some time and she finally came around. She told me she was upset that I was pregnant but told me that she was there for me and wasn't going to turn her back on me like her mom did. After that she go excited :)

Just tell her and be prepared for the consequences. The sooner you tell her, the sooner it will be over....
SecondChance709
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 12:30 PM

It's like a bandaid you just need to rip it off and tell her. 

Serabeth06
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 12:32 PM

I had my first at 16. I told my parents, my dad needed a minute, but my mom was happy to be having a grandbaby, and accepted that I had already made plans, accepted my situation, and was working towards independence.

pinklovesnore
by Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 1:36 PM
I got pregnant with my dd now 8 when I was 15. My mom worked in an ob office and knew I was pregnant before I did, yet she kept calm and waited for me to share the news. I was too terrified to say anything for about 3 months. When I finally confronted her I was terrified, but found great relief in doing so. She was disapointed, but still very supportive in my decision to keep my dd. she became my biggest support system throughout my pregnancy, and without her help I honestly don't know what I would have done. I wouldn't have knowen at that point the responsibilitys I would have to take on even before she arrived, and was there with me every step I took. It's more important to get it off your chest than to try to go about it yourself. Your very young, and yes she may be disapointed, but chances are she will be your greatest support. She's going to know more than you do about what you need to do during pregnancy just from experience ( remember she was pregnant with you ) good luck! Keep us updated. And please tell your mother!
daisybaby91
by Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 1:38 PM
This is exactly what i was going to say

Quoting SecondChance709:

It's like a bandaid you just need to rip it off and tell her. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured