Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do we have in common?

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 12:53 PM
  • 101 Replies

Let's get to know each other by seeing what we have in common.

Start by telling us a bit about yourself (name, how many kids you have, how many weeks pregnant, due date, how many kids you have, where you live, etc). Once you've told us about yourself, read through the other replies and find some other moms you have something in common with and quote them and let them know.

It's a great way to meet and get to know each other.

I'll start :)

I'm Jenn. I've been married 14 1/2 years to my husband, Dan. We have three children-Benjamin is 10, Levi is 8 and Rebekah is 22 months. I also have 2 angel babies. We live in Pennsylvania with our dog, Belle, 2 cats, Rosie and Izzy (the boys' cats) and 2 carnival goldfish. 

I enjoy crocheting, sewing, reading, camping and just hanging out with my family.

I am the middle child of three girls, born and raised about 20 minutes from here. My parents were married 44 years when my mom passed away last year.  My oldest son's birth was my in laws 34th anniversary gift, lol. 

Let me know all about you!

by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pinklovesnore
by Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 1:11 PM
My names Kayla, I have an 8 year old dd Shannon and am 24 weeks pregnant with my first ds Marcus. I live in Pennsylvania, but was born in South Dakota and traveled a lot growing up. I have a wonderful hubby, and a cat missy who is part Siamese, she was a rescue we found outside our house 4 months ago and is so mellow. I'm currently a Sahm, and am planning on going back to school this spring/fall, for general studies ( I'm not sure what I want to be when I grow up lol! ) I enjoy crafts, drawing, cooking, going to the beach, and bbqs with my family:
Cafe Jenn
by Head Admin on Jan. 29, 2014 at 1:32 PM

Hi Kayla! What area of PA are you in?

Quoting pinklovesnore: My names Kayla, I have an 8 year old dd Shannon and am 24 weeks pregnant with my first ds Marcus. I live in Pennsylvania, but was born in South Dakota and traveled a lot growing up. I have a wonderful hubby, and a cat missy who is part Siamese, she was a rescue we found outside our house 4 months ago and is so mellow. I'm currently a Sahm, and am planning on going back to school this spring/fall, for general studies ( I'm not sure what I want to be when I grow up lol! ) I enjoy crafts, drawing, cooking, going to the beach, and bbqs with my family:

pinklovesnore
by Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 1:39 PM
I live in the heart of the poconos.

Quoting Cafe Jenn:

Quoting pinklovesnore: My names Kayla, I have an 8 year old dd Shannon and am 24 weeks pregnant with my first ds Marcus. I live in Pennsylvania, but was born in South Dakota and traveled a lot growing up. I have a wonderful hubby, and a cat missy who is part Siamese, she was a rescue we found outside our house 4 months ago and is so mellow. I'm currently a Sahm, and am planning on going back to school this spring/fall, for general studies ( I'm not sure what I want to be when I grow up lol! ) I enjoy crafts, drawing, cooking, going to the beach, and bbqs with my family:

Cafe Jenn
by Head Admin on Jan. 29, 2014 at 1:41 PM

Nice area. I'm about 1 1/2-2 hours west of you in central PA. 

Quoting pinklovesnore: I live in the heart of the poconos.

Quoting Cafe Jenn:

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 2:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi! I'm Kristin, I'm 29 & live in MN. My hubby and I will have been married 6 years at the end of February.

We have 3 kids & one on the way. Pierce is 5, Scarlet is 3, Emmett is 19mo and my due date for #4 is June 19. We find out baby's gender tomorrow!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Jan. 29, 2014 at 2:45 PM
I'm Amber, I've been married for 3 years (4 at the end of the year). I'm 23 (it's my birthday today!)

We have 3 sweet kids. Eli will be 4 in July, Ember will be 3 in December, and Emmaline will turn 1 later this year. We'll have at least one more baby, we will ttc next year most likely.

I'm very interested in healthy pregnancy/birth and a big advocate of evidence-based maternity care. I get a little feisty over it.. oops! I love to find old pieces of furniture and restore them or repurpose. It's fun! I also love to decorate for holidays. Halloween is a favorite!
Cafe Jenn
by Head Admin on Jan. 29, 2014 at 2:50 PM

Happy birthday, Amber!!! 

Do you have any photos of furniture you've restored/repurposed?

Quoting Pandapanda: I'm Amber, I've been married for 3 years (4 at the end of the year). I'm 23 (it's my birthday today!)

We have 3 sweet kids. Eli will be 4 in July, Ember will be 3 in December, and Emmaline will turn 1 later this year. We'll have at least one more baby, we will ttc next year most likely.

I'm very interested in healthy pregnancy/birth and a big advocate of evidence-based maternity care. I get a little feisty over it.. oops! I love to find old pieces of furniture and restore them or repurpose. It's fun! I also love to decorate for holidays. Halloween is a favorite!

Cafe Jenn
by Head Admin on Jan. 29, 2014 at 2:51 PM

Any guess, what you are having, Kristin?

Quoting kmqw229: Hi! I'm Kristin, I'm 29 & live in MN. My hubby and I will have been married 6 years at the end of February.

We have 3 kids & one on the way. Pierce is 5, Scarlet is 3, Emmett is 19mo and my due date for #4 is June 19. We find out baby's gender tomorrow!

Lisette1528
by Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 2:52 PM

I'm Shelley.  We've been married for just about 2.5 years (we were friends long before that, though).  I'm 34, 20 weeks along and due June 17th with our first, which we just found out will be a little girl.  DH has a son, 7.5yo, who lives with us.

I'm orginially from PA and hoping to move back this summer to be closer to family.  I'm a high school teacher, and love to crochet, sew, and organize things.  I grew up on a farm with two younger brothers, both of whom have children of their own, which makes me the last to go through this whole journey!

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 2:52 PM
I keep going back and forth! Lol! My older two say boy & my hubby says girl. My 19mo says "No Baby!"

Quoting Cafe Jenn:

Any guess, what you are having, Kristin?

Quoting kmqw229: Hi! I'm Kristin, I'm 29 & live in MN. My hubby and I will have been married 6 years at the end of February.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured