Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Easier said than done.

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 2:24 PM
  • 19 Replies
Had my first prenatal appointment this morning. She said everything looks fine and we even saw the heartbeat. Before we left she told me I need to stop stressing and start to enjoy it. But that's easy to say and very difficult for me to do. Especially with my husband wanting to talk. I don't know how she expects me to do this.
by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 2:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ParanormalSarah
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 2:29 PM

Remember - stress is normal but learning how to manage it is a part of the process - PROCESS.  Learn what you can do in a healthy way to manage stress because after pregnancy you'll have plenty of stress with baby in tow that you'll need to know how to deal with.   I found journaling, walking, hot baths, music and other meditation helped me.  I used to have anger issues, stress and anxiety issues and my first pregnancy was a life test. Now I've learned my son has helped to bring me more patience than I ever thought I could have, more control, more self-esteem.  

Remember, when you feel stressed just focus on your breathing and know that your emotions transfer to the baby - they FEEL what you do.  Let them know the world is safe, stress is normal and finding a healthy way to pass it on is best. <3 Good luck!

Alluring
by Lorelei on Jan. 30, 2014 at 2:59 PM
I don't know about journaling. I've been trying to distract myself but it's hardly working.
Quoting ParanormalSarah:

Remember - stress is normal but learning how to manage it is a part of the process - PROCESS.  Learn what you can do in a healthy way to manage stress because after pregnancy you'll have plenty of stress with baby in tow that you'll need to know how to deal with.   I found journaling, walking, hot baths, music and other meditation helped me.  I used to have anger issues, stress and anxiety issues and my first pregnancy was a life test. Now I've learned my son has helped to bring me more patience than I ever thought I could have, more control, more self-esteem.  

Remember, when you feel stressed just focus on your breathing and know that your emotions transfer to the baby - they FEEL what you do.  Let them know the world is safe, stress is normal and finding a healthy way to pass it on is best. <3 Good luck!

meagan517
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 3:02 PM
1 mom liked this
It's been really hard for me too. I don't enjoy being pregnant. It's a long process for me. I don't feel good the whole time. Headaches, nausea, tired, cranky, no sex drive, heartburn, back pain.
Alluring
by Lorelei on Jan. 30, 2014 at 8:44 PM
BUMP
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 3:45 AM

Husband wants to talk??  what is that supposed to mean?

samsanders
by Samantha on Jan. 31, 2014 at 3:49 AM
Every woman stresses during pregnancy, it's how you handle it that matters. It'll all be okay, trust me.
Alluring
by Lorelei on Jan. 31, 2014 at 1:30 PM
About baby everything.
Quoting MixedCooke:

Husband wants to talk??  what is that supposed to mean?

lillucky8
by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 2:33 PM
Each day will get a little easier!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JorJorsMom
by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 3:45 PM

I'm so happy for you that your appointment went good.  I know your worrying but the doctor doesn't think you have anything to worry about and maybe you should trust that.  That is great that your husband wants to talk and is happy and supportive.  Pregnancy should be a really happy time.  I really hope that as your pregnancy advances that your worries are replaced with the joys and planning for your little one.  When are you due?  Of course not worrying is easier said than done but it will get easier.  :-)

LoveMyBug2013
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 4:31 PM

I don't think I ever relaxed and enjoyed it even though I had a textbook pregnancy and birth.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)