Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

38 wks, BH and no progress, am I alone???

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 9:35 PM
  • 25 Replies
1 mom liked this
I am 38 weeks today with my first baby and just had my appointment this afternoon. I have been having really painful BH contractions for a week already but come to find out from the doctor today my baby girl hasn't dropped and I'm not dilated at all. Am I the only mom that has had this so close to the due date??? I'm frustrated with the pain and no progress
by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 9:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 9:39 PM
There's nothing to be worried about as you may not have any progress until labor. I am 39 weeks tomorrow and I have no idea if I'm dilating or effacing as cervical checks have not been offered by my doctor yet. I get the frustration though! I'm tired of being uncomfortable and in pain from one thing or another. It's even more frustrating when I see all these babes being born and such.... So jealous! Lol
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 2:36 AM

a pregnancy is 40 weeks, your body is preparing for labor and just think those painful contractions are your body's way of getting the baby moving into the right position.  It will happen when the baby is ready.

samsanders
by Samantha on Jan. 31, 2014 at 3:56 AM
Exact same story. 38 weeks. BH that hurt or are uncomfortable and no dilation or effacement. At all.
Johlsh
by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 4:20 AM
I'm 37 weeks and two days. Have all that, but 3 cm dilated, still thick and not effacing. Baby is also breech, so no where near engaged like I was hoping. Still could be awhile here too.
Baby3thinkpink
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 6:03 AM
37 and have been dialated for almost 2 weeks at 3. Though dilation is a good sign, it also doesn't mean imminent labor. It can all happen very quick! :) good luck mama!
esox
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 6:09 AM
I go in for weekly non stress tests and every time they hook me up to the machines I've been showing pretty strong contractions consistently 2-3 minutes apart, each lasting a full minute. Really they are an all day everyday thing. Just neat to see how strong they are on the monitor. Some hurt like heck, others I don't feel which shocks the nurses. I'm still not dilated at all. Only at 35+6 weeks so I still have awhile to put up with them. 24 days to be exact!
muisjes
by Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 7:28 AM
Don't worry about it. With DD I came into he delivery room when my water broke, she hadn't dropped and I wasn't dilated. i gave birth within 6 hours without any medications at 40w2d

With DS i came into the delivery room with painful contractions. He hadn't dropped and I wasn't dilated. Without any drugs he came 5 hours later at 40w1d.
vilandra
by Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 12:15 AM

I just want her and want to see there is at least a little progress, I guess I just have to be patient and wait. Thanks everyone your answers have helped me 

doulala
by Emerald Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 12:31 AM

What is "progress"?    Every day you are more-and-more pregnant...  that baby will come out when your body and baby are Ready.   Until then-- they are not ready!  ;-)

It is normal to pass the due date by a week or two, that is expected.   It's also normal to not check the cervix...     Is there a reason why you want to have it checked?   (safer not to)

You don't have to be in pain!   And because time is passing you know you are getting closer.    Other than that, maybe your expectations are not realistic.

GL!

doulala
by Emerald Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 12:32 AM

Quoting vilandra:

I just want her and want to see there is at least a little progress, I guess I just have to be patient and wait. Thanks everyone your answers have helped me 

What is "progress"?     And what does that mean to you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)