Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

VBAC birth plans

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 3:46 AM
  • 13 Replies
I'm 28 weeks and am starting to look into birth plans for a vbac so thought I'd ask if anyone can share theirs was it followed and give some reccomdations for a birth plan thanks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 3:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
caligirl7613
by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 8:53 AM
first you need to decide where\how your going to birth. at home? a birth center? a hospital? you need to get your OB or midwife on board. you need to decide on pain control as well, if you go "natural" i suggest some kind of something like the bradley method, or maybe you will use an epidural or IV narcotics (not really popular these days but still an option) do your research and think about what YOU want, then you have to look at the things you want and decide what your willing to compromise on and what your not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrissydan
by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:40 AM
I just wanted to see what others had done and what worked for them you know kinda like how if I had a natural labor people are so willing to give suggestions.

i have already been approved for a vbac at 28 weeks i think i should already know where I'm going to deliver. .

Quoting caligirl7613: first you need to decide where\how your going to birth. at home? a birth center? a hospital? you need to get your OB or midwife on board. you need to decide on pain control as well, if you go "natural" i suggest some kind of something like the bradley method, or maybe you will use an epidural or IV narcotics (not really popular these days but still an option) do your research and think about what YOU want, then you have to look at the things you want and decide what your willing to compromise on and what your not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gingerbell.RN
by Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 1:11 PM
I've had two VBACs. They both went well. Once I went in to labor myself at 41 weeks. The second time I was induced at 40/2 weeks.

I never had a birth plan though.
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 4:17 PM
Bump!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babie113
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 4:24 PM
im going to try for a vbac my ob and hospital are vbac friendly .im going to be induced at 39weeks if nothing happens by then .im probably going to get a epidural but im going to hold out as long as I can .if I ever need forceps or the suction cap im just going to go with a c section .I dont really have a birth plan but thats what im ok with .well see
Freckles85
by Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 4:40 PM
Isn't risky to be induced when you have a vabac?

Quoting babie113: im going to try for a vbac my ob and hospital are vbac friendly .im going to be induced at 39weeks if nothing happens by then .im probably going to get a epidural but im going to hold out as long as I can .if I ever need forceps or the suction cap im just going to go with a c section .I dont really have a birth plan but thats what im ok with .well see
Jonasmom
by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 4:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, it puts you at greater risk of a uterine rupture. I personally would not trust anyone who would think it's ok to induce or in some way augment the labor of ANYONE who was going for VBAC.

Quoting Freckles85: Isn't risky to be induced when you have a vabac?

Quoting babie113: im going to try for a vbac my ob and hospital are vbac friendly .im going to be induced at 39weeks if nothing happens by then .im probably going to get a epidural but im going to hold out as long as I can .if I ever need forceps or the suction cap im just going to go with a c section .I dont really have a birth plan but thats what im ok with .well see

Jonasmom
by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 4:55 PM

I didn't have birth plan, I went into labor by myself, labored at home as long as possible and went in pushing, she was out less than 45 minutes later.

princess_peach
by Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 5:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I have not personally had a VBAC, but attended some as a doula. One of them was a high risk mom being induced (with pitocin!) at 37 weeks. The pitocin thing was scary and I still can't figure out how they thought that was ok for a VBAC mom, but they were great with everything else. I don't have her exact birth plan, but she was doing HypnoBirthing so her plan noted that. She requested to be able to walk around, not to be asked about pain meds, dim room, quiet, no forced pushing, delayed cord clamping, skin to skin. They were supportive of everything. They even let her labor in a birth tub. The only think that didn't happen is the delayed cord clamping, but it was only because of a special circumstance. This mom had a 9+ pound baby with no pain meds. She was incredible.

babie113
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 6:13 PM
not that much especially since its been 5 years since my c section .but I want to try a vbac and I have never dilated before

Quoting Freckles85: Isn't risky to be induced when you have a vabac?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN