Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Was told my baby is too small in weight and a little small on legs and arms

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 9:47 AM
  • 7 Replies
What ended up happening?did they tell you that it could be because of your placenta not feeding the baby off right?or a small percentage that your baby could have Down syndrome ? I'm so worried I'm 31 weeks and my baby is only 2 pounds and 14oz. They told me she is too small in weight if it is my placenta I will be having her induced or c section to help her outside the womb and I also got steroid shots to help her lungs mature faster .
by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 9:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
momto1ryen
by Lindsey on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:36 AM
I had iugr with dd2. At 33 weeks she was doing ok but at 36 weeks she was way to small and fallen off track. I was induced within 12 hours of finding this out. She was small, but it turned out fine.
What are they doing as far as tests?
Deec218
by Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 12:08 PM
They made me get a test to see if she has Down syndrome but I won't find out till 2 weeks and right now they have me the steroid shots for her lungs and I just hope she will be okay

Quoting momto1ryen: I had iugr with dd2. At 33 weeks she was doing ok but at 36 weeks she was way to small and fallen off track. I was induced within 12 hours of finding this out. She was small, but it turned out fine.

What are they doing as far as tests?
Momtoboys940
by Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 5:27 PM

I've never had this... But I wish you the best of luck and pray that everything comes out good. 

Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 6:34 PM
I knew a girl whose babies always had trouble growing inside. She was always induced pretty early so the babies could grow out here. She had 3 healthy babies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dreagon_Magos
by Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 6:36 PM
My son was born 28 weeks and he's 12 now. Even if she comes out early everything will be ok. Try not to worry mama
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 4:32 AM
Well they said I hadn't gained much weight as far along as I was but I did end up having pregnancy induced hypertension.
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 8:28 PM
I hope everything turns out ok!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)