Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Placenta Encapsulation, would you, have you??

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 9:58 AM
  • 30 Replies
Have any of you considered having your placenta encapsulated so you could get the nutrients of the placenta, or have you already done it with a previous birth?

If so what was the outcome? I'm wanting to do it with this pregnancy because it's literally sucked the life out of me, I eat relatively healthy and brush my teeth twice a day but my teeth are starting to deteriorate and it hurts the brush them. Also with my first child my breast milk dried up and I was not able to breast feed and I read that your placenta helps with your milk supply.
by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 9:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jesi817
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 10:28 AM
I wanted to with my 3yo ds but they wouldn't let me have my placenta. I'm doing it this time though. Gotta talk to the hospital!
peachaz1
by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 10:31 AM
The hospital I'll be having my baby at said they take it for tests but after 2 days you can come pick it up but I'm wondering if I can tell them no and take it home right away.

With my first child I didn't even get the option the hospital didn't even ask me if I wanted it or if I wanted to donate it.
srm8824
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 10:57 AM

I know 2 moms who have done it and they swear by it. When I had DS it was a thing but was not nearly as popular as it is now. There were definitely no places that encapsulated for you around where we live.

I plan to do it this time for sure.

JorJorsMom
by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:02 AM

I've never heard of this before.  That's really interesting and makes sense since most animals do eat their placenta.

peachaz1
by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:14 AM
I plan on doing it myself, it seems relatively simple the only thing that I see a problem with is either over dehydrating it or under dehydrating it

Quoting srm8824:

I know 2 moms who have done it and they swear by it. When I had DS it was a thing but was not nearly as popular as it is now. There were definitely no places that encapsulated for you around where we live.

srm8824
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:17 AM

I would like to do it myself as well but I am really worried about ruining it considering I cant go get another one! I want to learn how to do it but I don't know if I want to use my own as a practice. 

I have read some moms freeze it in tiny pieces and just swallow tiny frozen pieces. 

Quoting peachaz1: I plan on doing it myself, it seems relatively simple the only thing that I see a problem with is either over dehydrating it or under dehydrating it

Quoting srm8824:

Nee86
by Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this
I did it with my son born back in November. He was my third. Let me just say, I had more energy, my mood was a lot more stable, helped my milk supply, and I overall just felt a lot better. I highly recommend it.
Heather2001
by Heather on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:20 AM

I haven't. but I would if I felt I needed to, especially if I was prone to PPD.

Heather2001
by Heather on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this

The hospital tried to pull this on me with my second.  It is illegal in many states for them to keep it from you so don't back down!

Quoting jesi817: I wanted to with my 3yo ds but they wouldn't let me have my placenta. I'm doing it this time though. Gotta talk to the hospital!

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:36 AM

We were going to with our third but our deep freezer broke before we do it. We know it out for sometime. The meat, chicken and other things we had in there were thawing out. So we had to throw it out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN