Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

i am really freaking out and DH wont listen to me ugh

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 8:53 PM
  • 12 Replies
This is the 2nd time this has happened in the last week.

The inside of my mouth on the left side feels numb. almost like eating a small amount of orajel. and the numbness goes down the left side of my throte a lil bit?!?!?

Is this pregnancy related or signs of a stroke? I can't find it any where online.
by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 8:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sarahtbkh
by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 9:18 PM
Oh man! This same thing happened to me with my last baby. It sucks!!! I'd get it looked at...it wasn't serious in my case but stroke is very real.
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 10:02 PM

I'm not sure.  But if you're worried, I would give your doctor's on-call number a ring. 

decemberLee13
by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 1:15 AM
I had seen on a few websites that some women had this happen and that they would ask there Dr about it but they never said what was causing it :/ ... what did your Dr say?

Quoting sarahtbkh: Oh man! This same thing happened to me with my last baby. It sucks!!! I'd get it looked at...it wasn't serious in my case but stroke is very real.
Curlgurl
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 1:21 AM
It could be a Bells Palsy which can occur in pregnancy. I'd ask your doctor about it.
doulala
by Emerald Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 2:30 AM

Quoting Curlgurl: It could be a Bells Palsy which can occur in pregnancy. I'd ask your doctor about it.

I think I had this, it was temporary.    --A little bit scary at the time though.

samsanders
by Samantha on Feb. 1, 2014 at 4:06 AM
I'd call and ask just for my own sanity. But that's up to you. Otherwise I have no good advice and no answer for you. Sorry!
ja2010
by Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 10:13 AM

Talk to your dr.

Larsbug
by Laura on Feb. 1, 2014 at 11:02 AM

sounds like maybe a touch of bells palsy (normally goes away after baby is born)...ask your doctor about it

Tinyhourglass
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 11:26 AM
The first thing i thought when I read this was...bells palsy. Talk to your dr about it.
Curlgurl
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 4:57 PM
Oh I'm sure it would be freaky. I've seen it in one of my patient's before.

Quoting doulala:

Quoting Curlgurl: It could be a Bells Palsy which can occur in pregnancy. I'd ask your doctor about it.

I think I had this, it was temporary.    --A little bit scary at the time though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN