Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

12 weeks and put on bedrest...

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 10:15 PM
  • 31 Replies

So I wound up going to the ER last night due to cramping, they did all kinds of bloodwork and a sonogram, I got to watch and saw the heartbeat and thought everything was going to be perfectly fine and I was just cramping.

I was far from being right, The baby is perfectly healthy.  I have a very severe and complete placenta previa. The Dr came in and talked to me and was asking me about being admitted or going home because I was being put on strict bedrest and will most likely continue to be throughout my pregnancy.

I am so stressed and scared it is unreal. I had to quit my job today (I was a Nanny there is no LOA or FMLA). I now have no idea how I am going to buy the things I need for this baby or my 5 year old.

Not to mention it has been less than 24 hours and I feel like I am going stir crazy already.

I have already been told this baby will be born by Csection and he will be pulled at roughly 36 weeks. I am going to bleed periodically throughout my pregnancy and have to be very careful and keep a close eye on how much I bleed and if it begins to be too much or too often they will admit me. I will most likely be admitted prior to the csection anyways. I go back to my OB on Monday.

Has anyone else had this?  Or have ideas on what to do while on bedrest to keep from losing your mind?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 10:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
briellesmomma
by Velvet on Feb. 1, 2014 at 10:18 PM
Oh my word. I hope everything works out!
torinicole89
by Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 10:20 PM
1 mom liked this

thank you I hope so too!!!

Quoting briellesmomma: Oh my word. I hope everything works out!

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Feb. 1, 2014 at 10:21 PM
2 moms liked this
Wow, 36 is way too early imo. I'd go the wait and see route with that unless you have a history of preterm births. I have a friend who just gave birth a few weeks ago who was told she'd need a cesarean for a complete previa, but it ended up moving the bare minimum distance for a vaginal birth. Maybe you'll be as lucky. If not, I suggest you learn the surgery in depth so you don't have any unknowns nagging ag you.
torinicole89
by Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 10:24 PM

unfortunately mine is dead center on my cervix so it wont move far enough. DS that is 5 was born at 30 weeks so i am very familiar with preterm babies. I do need to look into the surgery but Im also the type that worries nonstop so I know when I look into it I am going to freak out. lol. So i am going to postpoone that for a while...

Quoting Pandapanda: Wow, 36 is way too early imo. I'd go the wait and see route with that unless you have a history of preterm births. I have a friend who just gave birth a few weeks ago who was told she'd need a cesarean for a complete previa, but it ended up moving the bare minimum distance for a vaginal birth. Maybe you'll be as lucky. If not, I suggest you learn the surgery in depth so you don't have any unknowns nagging ag you.

torinicole89
by Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 10:33 PM

anyone have any ideas for me or advice???

JorJorsMom
by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 10:37 PM

Oh geez.  I have a 5 yr old and a 2 yr old and I couldn't imagine how I'd pull off bed rest.  Even if it was just the 5 yr old with me.  During my 2nd pregnancy I was restricted with things, like I couldn't drive.  At least the internet has a lot of entertainment for ya.  :-)  GL.

smurfy88
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 10:38 PM

I have never heard of this, but I hope that everything goes okay!

torinicole89
by Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 10:40 PM

yeah this is going to be one hard road with my DS I just hope he doesnt start to resent me for it you know? I dont even know what all to do on the internet. lol.

Quoting JorJorsMom:

Oh geez.  I have a 5 yr old and a 2 yr old and I couldn't imagine how I'd pull off bed rest.  Even if it was just the 5 yr old with me.  During my 2nd pregnancy I was restricted with things, like I couldn't drive.  At least the internet has a lot of entertainment for ya.  :-)  GL.

torinicole89
by Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 10:40 PM

thank you!!!

Quoting smurfy88:

I have never heard of this, but I hope that everything goes okay!

Brandibee_5
by 7/30/14 on Feb. 1, 2014 at 10:43 PM
I don't know what you like to do but I would read, color, paint, do crafts, play games. I would still be nuts by the end of 24 weeks. Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN