Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Nausea, headache, & Movies!! GO!

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 12:00 PM
  • 16 Replies
Help!
I feel so ill! All day! The headache is dibilitating. Im drinking lot of water so it isnt dehydration.
Does anyone have any tips I can try to alleviate this feeling of a constant hangover!

And Im having insomnia any movies you all recommend???

Thank you in advance!
by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Feb. 2, 2014 at 12:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Not a movie, but i highly recommend the show Sherlock! It's amazing.. best show i've ever seen in my life. There are 9 episodes, each 1.5hrs long. 

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 12:41 PM
2 moms liked this
You could try some caffeine, that may help the headaches.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beachlove512
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I've had migraines both pregnancies and the only two things that helped were caffeine (just one cup of coffee) and lying down in a dark room with a warm cloth on my forehead. A relaxing bath is nice too. 

I don't know what kind of movies you like but The Business of Being Born is a great documentary to watch while pregnant. I think you can find it on YT and Netflix. I just watched Captain Phillips recently and it was a really good movie.

chellerowe
by Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 1:04 PM
1 mom liked this
With you girl! My headache is more of a nagging one but get so nauseated in the afternoons!! And up trying to get back to sleep at least 2 to 3 times!! Gonna try Father of the Bride 2 tonight :-)

Quoting 914prego: Help!

I feel so ill! All day! The headache is dibilitating. Im drinking lot of water so it isnt dehydration.

Does anyone have any tips I can try to alleviate this feeling of a constant hangover!

And Im having insomnia any movies you all recommend???

Thank you in advance!
missbritt22
by Brittany on Feb. 2, 2014 at 2:55 PM
2 moms liked this
I haven't had any headaches yet, but am a movie junkie, lol!

Some of my favs...

The Holiday
Pitch Perfect
That's my Boy
Twilight Saga
Harry Potter (all 8!)
This Is 40
Mama
Failure to Launch
Mad Money
The Help
914prego
by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 6:31 PM
Great suggestion on the Ricki Lake documentary!! I will def. check that out.

I normally go for thrillers, paranormal, zombie, horror, action/adventure. But not really gory, slasher, cannibalistic type horror when im pregnant. I couldnt handle it when i was pregnant with my daughter & I tried to watch Texas Chainsaw, but I was nauseated by it all.

Quoting beachlove512:

I've had migraines both pregnancies and the only two things that helped were caffeine (just one cup of coffee) and lying down in a dark room with a warm cloth on my forehead. A relaxing bath is nice too. 

I don't know what kind of movies you like but The Business of Being Born is a great documentary to watch while pregnant. I think you can find it on YT and Netflix. I just watched Captain Phillips recently and it was a really good movie.

beachlove512
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 6:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm a lover of horror movies as well. Have you seen Insidious? I thought that was pretty good. The second one wasn't bad either. I always thought The Exorcist was rather scary for a movie without all the gore.

Quoting 914prego: Great suggestion on the Ricki Lake documentary!! I will def. check that out.

I normally go for thrillers, paranormal, zombie, horror, action/adventure. But not really gory, slasher, cannibalistic type horror when im pregnant. I couldnt handle it when i was pregnant with my daughter & I tried to watch Texas Chainsaw, but I was nauseated by it all.

Quoting beachlove512:

914prego
by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 7:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh! So nice to meet another horror buff! We are a rare breed! My husband hates all horror, so I have to get my fix in the middle of the night when he & my daughter are sleeping.

I have seen Insidious, but that was a good movie. Ill see if i can get insidious 2 on netflix. The Exorcist is one of my favs. I remember watching it by myself when I was 11! And slamming the off button when it would get to intense! Lol! I have no desire to see the Devil's Due. Im not into possessed pregnancy movies.

What are some of your all time favorite horror movies?

Quoting beachlove512:

I'm a lover of horror movies as well. Have you seen Insidious? I thought that was pretty good. The second one wasn't bad either. I always thought The Exorcist was rather scary for a movie without all the gore.

Quoting 914prego: Great suggestion on the Ricki Lake documentary!! I will def. check that out.

Quoting beachlove512:

beachlove512
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 8:21 PM

The first time I ever watched The Exorcist I couldn't get the image of Linda Blair crab walking down the stairs out of my head. Every time I'd go near the stairs at night, I'd picture her quickly coming down after me lol The Thing (original one) scared the crap out of me as a kid and I haven't watched it since haha Something about a dog's head splitting open and an alien crawling out of it is just too much for me.

My favorite has to be The Shining (the original with Jack Nicholson). 28 Days Later and The Dawn of the Dead are some other favorites. Seven is another good one. I also like classic thriller/horror movies like Psycho, Rear Window, The Birds, Whatever Happened to Baby Jane. If you want to watch a good suspense/thriller movie, watch The Exam. Another good one to watch is The Cube. 

What are your favorites?

Quoting 914prego: Oh! So nice to meet another horror buff! We are a rare breed! My husband hates all horror, so I have to get my fix in the middle of the night when he & my daughter are sleeping.

I have seen Insidious, but that was a good movie. Ill see if i can get insidious 2 on netflix. The Exorcist is one of my favs. I remember watching it by myself when I was 11! And slamming the off button when it would get to intense! Lol! I have no desire to see the Devil's Due. Im not into possessed pregnancy movies.

Quoting beachlove512:

Quoting beachlove512:

914prego
by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 9:04 PM
We have very similar taste! I am a Hitchcock freak! Love him! I wrote my film thesis on Hitchcock & The Birds.
Love all original films...not crazy about remakes...unless Rob Zombie is behind it.
All the films you mentioned, plus Saw (even though they got ridiculous), Hostel I & II, Halloween (yes, even Season of the Witch), the Friday the 13th (until jason took on manhattan, freddie, & mama alien! Lol), devils Rejects, House of 1000 Corpses, The Descent, Nightmare on Elm Street (up until Dream Warriors), Silence of the Lambs, Evil Dead (i did like the remake, i was pleasantly surprised), The Collector, Vampire Circus, Bram Stokers Dracula. And now im having preggo brain. And then I love Syfy as well.
Im have not heard of the cube or the exam so i will check those out! Because I have a feeling insomnia is here to stay. I have been awake since 2AM! My first doc appt is tomorrow & im just nervous to the point that im vibrating like a tuning fork!

Quoting beachlove512:

The first time I ever watched The Exorcist I couldn't get the image of Linda Blair crab walking down the stairs out of my head. Every time I'd go near the stairs at night, I'd picture her quickly coming down after me lol The Thing (original one) scared the crap out of me as a kid and I haven't watched it since haha Something about a dog's head splitting open and an alien crawling out of it is just too much for me.

My favorite has to be The Shining (the original with Jack Nicholson). 28 Days Later and The Dawn of the Dead are some other favorites. Seven is another good one. I also like classic thriller/horror movies like Psycho, Rear Window, The Birds, Whatever Happened to Baby Jane. If you want to watch a good suspense/thriller movie, watch The Exam. Another good one to watch is The Cube. 

What are your favorites?

Quoting 914prego: Oh! So nice to meet another horror buff! We are a rare breed! My husband hates all horror, so I have to get my fix in the middle of the night when he & my daughter are sleeping.

Quoting beachlove512:

Quoting beachlove512:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)