Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Baby shower?

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2014 at 10:33 AM
  • 11 Replies
So my best friend is throwing me a shower and she wants me to help with everything. But I don't even know where to start. I would like to get the little things out of the way first.. Idk any ideas on themes and how to go about it? It's a girl and maybe It will b in April
by on Feb. 3, 2014 at 10:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 10:42 AM
I've never been involved in planning my showers but my first shower was themed after my nursery decor, moon and stars. My second didn't really have a theme, was just pink and girly. This time around gender is a surprise so I think they are doing some sort of Dr Seuss theme.

Games are an easy thing to plan
early. Get anything you need plus any prizes.

Check pinterest for ideas!

Have fun
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyBug2013
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 11:02 AM

Just say "Thank you, whatever you do will be just fine.  You are the host." 

If she has a specific question, then help, but you are not supposed to be organizing or helping.  You help decide on a date, you help decide on the invitation list (based on the number of people she can afford to host).  If asked, you can suggest a theme (like what you are doing for your nursery if you want) or food that you like.

babydylan3
by Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 11:16 AM
It would be a whole lot less stressful. Maybe I can say that :) thanksss

Quoting LoveMyBug2013:

Just say "Thank you, whatever you do will be just fine.  You are the host." 

If she has a specific question, then help, but you are not supposed to be organizing or helping.  You help decide on a date, you help decide on the invitation list (based on the number of people she can afford to host).  If asked, you can suggest a theme (like what you are doing for your nursery if you want) or food that you like.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 11:24 AM

I would start with choosing a theme and go from there.  The showers which I have thrown, we usually went off of the baby's nursery theme.

iamnameless
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 11:28 AM
You don't really need a sit theme. But if you already have a theme picked out for babys room then you can use that theme. Otherwise just go with its a girl theme. What kind of shower is it going to be? At someones house or at a rented space? When I help plan we always do them at someones house. Wee make simple foods and have it at dinner time. The first thing to do is pick a date and time and pick invites (these can be found at the dollar tree, or print your own).
babydylan3
by Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 12:16 PM
She said we are doing it in a house. In the back yard. She wants it to be like a party, not just girls attending. I told her we should do it in April . I'm not creative but printing out the invites seems way better than wasting on invites. She says she wants to highlight the name! My problem I don't have one just yet lol

Quoting iamnameless: You don't really need a sit theme. But if you already have a theme picked out for babys room then you can use that theme. Otherwise just go with its a girl theme. What kind of shower is it going to be? At someones house or at a rented space? When I help plan we always do them at someones house. Wee make simple foods and have it at dinner time. The first thing to do is pick a date and time and pick invites (these can be found at the dollar tree, or print your own).
iamnameless
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 12:27 PM
If you don't have a name tell her. Don't feel extra pressure to pick a name for her.
If you want it to a back party type thing maybe do a cook out it will make the men feel more comfortable. They don't seam to like bite size sandwiches and little bite size food. (At least the men in my family call that girl food.lol)
When are you do and where do you live?

Quoting babydylan3: She said we are doing it in a house. In the back yard. She wants it to be like a party, not just girls attending. I told her we should do it in April . I'm not creative but printing out the invites seems way better than wasting on invites. She says she wants to highlight the name! My problem I don't have one just yet lol

Quoting iamnameless: You don't really need a sit theme. But if you already have a theme picked out for babys room then you can use that theme. Otherwise just go with its a girl theme. What kind of shower is it going to be? At someones house or at a rented space? When I help plan we always do them at someones house. Wee make simple foods and have it at dinner time. The first thing to do is pick a date and time and pick invites (these can be found at the dollar tree, or print your own).
sourpatchmom098
by Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 1:17 PM

have you decided or are you planning on a theme for the babys room or what not? for my daughter i did winnie the pooh so everyone knew to look for winnie the pooh themed itms so everything kinda went together. as far as activities and such its easy to find those on websites or whatnot

babydylan3
by Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 1:25 PM
I'm due in June and I live in Miami fl. I'm hoping it's not raining. Lol all of my friends and family like to eat. So a cook out seems like fun

Quoting iamnameless: If you don't have a name tell her. Don't feel extra pressure to pick a name for her.

If you want it to a back party type thing maybe do a cook out it will make the men feel more comfortable. They don't seam to like bite size sandwiches and little bite size food. (At least the men in my family call that girl food.lol)

When are you do and where do you live?

Quoting babydylan3: She said we are doing it in a house. In the back yard. She wants it to be like a party, not just girls attending. I told her we should do it in April . I'm not creative but printing out the invites seems way better than wasting on invites. She says she wants to highlight the name! My problem I don't have one just yet lol

babydylan3
by Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 1:26 PM

Mobile Photo

This is my theme
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)