Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sore throat and pregnancy

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2014 at 7:47 PM
  • 8 Replies
Have anyone you have had a cold while pregnany? I am 10 weeks and feel like I am coming down with a cold. My throat is super sore! What did you take to make you feel better?
by on Feb. 3, 2014 at 7:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Feb. 3, 2014 at 8:04 PM
Hot teas and honey help!
jlgray1988
by Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 8:20 PM
At 14 weeks I had strep and the flu. I was able to take Amoxicillian and REGULAR old fashion Robatussin. Thats it. Right now I have bronchitis and Im miserable. I am again on the same meds. Hope you feel bettes!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
joywalz
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 9:00 PM
Honey mixed with lemon is good 3-4 times a day while taking vit c and vinc for immunity..good luck!
mcmlx3v
by Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 10:08 PM

I usually don't take meds for a sore throat anyway, so when I had one a little earlier in my pregnancy, I did my usual sore throat rituals of sucking on hard candy, eating Italian ice, and at other times gargling with warm salt water.  It worked out nicely that Italian ice was one of the few things that didn't make me queasy at that time lol

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 1:06 AM
I have a nasty cold right now.

I have been resting as much as possible, drinking lots of liquids & taking Tylenol when I absolutely have to function.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kbornman21
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 1:41 AM
Cough drops that aren't alcohol based.
samsanders
by Samantha on Feb. 4, 2014 at 2:53 AM
Oh yeah. And because your immune system is all out of whack while pregnant it'll most likely linger. I used cough drops for my sore throat. Hope you find some relief mama
WVmom06
by Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 7:55 AM

Cepacol drops...they were on my list of safe meds

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured