Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Nausea relief?

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2014 at 7:36 AM
  • 6 Replies

I'm 8 weeks, and the morning sickness is starting to creep up. I have only gotten sick once so far, but I think that was because I was coughing very hard (Felt like I had flem in my throat, which commenced going into a coughing fit). Anyone have any recommendations for help with the nausea? Maybe to keep it at bay?

by on Feb. 4, 2014 at 7:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Libra113
by Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 7:44 AM
Hope you don't get it as bad as I did. I had nausea and vomiting from 6 weeks til I delivered with all three pregnancies. I am 36 weeks pregnant with my third and still get sick. The only thing that helped me was a med called zofran. Good luck hun.
LuvMyBoys09
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 8:03 AM
My morning sickness with my daughter wasn't bad but when I did get it, hot green tea really helped.
I liked the Lipton Green teas, that had some kind citrus flavoring to it.

With my twins, I had horrible morning sickness...nothing helped me.
Chrismom10
by on Feb. 4, 2014 at 8:31 AM
Ginger tea really helps with nausea. Or sugared ginger slices.
crzemom
by Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 8:40 AM
I'mTryingToFigureOutTheSameThing. Ive Been NauseousForAFewDaysButJustStartedThrowingUpToday With My SoN I Threw Up Allot NothingHelped But It Went Away On Its Own
MommySchropp
by on Feb. 4, 2014 at 8:59 AM

I'm 8 weeks also and have it horrible. I just recently had to go to the ER because of dehydration. Before in my previous pregnancy Zofran and Phenergan helped take it away completely...now they are barely touching it. But i've tried everything.....crackers before sitting up out of bed, sipping ginger ale, Sea bands, Sea band brand ginger gum, trying to keep food in my stomach. Nothing has completely taken it away but I'm hoping as time goes on it will lessen. Hope you find something to ease yours.

csimm16
by Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 9:42 AM

Thank you ladies, I really appreciate the feedback. I have some ginger ale so I'll try sipping that. I'm probably going to go out and get saltine crackers. Whatever will help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)