Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

kidney pain?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:10 AM
  • 6 Replies
I woke up today with a dull ache on the left side of my back, just a bit below my ribcage. I'm pretty sure it's my kidney, and the dull ache occasionally becomes a sharper pain. Is this a concern? How long should I let it go before I call the doctor, or should I call at all? I'm only 4 weeks pregnant, if that makes a difference. I shouldn't be dehydrated, but anything's possible I guess! Oh and I'd rather not go anywhere today, the roads are pretty bad.
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this
If it's really bothering you, I'd call. I hope you feel better!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CutieCrab
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:35 AM

Personally I would wait it out. I hate going to the doctors. But if you are really worried than call.

SECL
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:38 AM

Drink lots of water!  Could it be a kidney stone?  I had one during pregnancy once and it was painful!  Hopefully it will be fine though.

mss119
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this
I hate it too! When I'm not pregnant, I hardly every go but I know there's more things to be concerned about when pregnant so I asked, lol

Quoting CutieCrab:

Personally I would wait it out. I hate going to the doctors. But if you are really worried than call.

mss119
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:29 AM
Oh gosh, I hope not! My Mom got least one a year for decades, so I've seen the suffering and I'm NOT INTERESTED! lol

Quoting SECL:

Drink lots of water!  Could it be a kidney stone?  I had one during pregnancy once and it was painful!  Hopefully it will be fine though.

SECL
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:41 AM

I really hope it isn't for your sake!

Quoting mss119: Oh gosh, I hope not! My Mom got least one a year for decades, so I've seen the suffering and I'm NOT INTERESTED! lol

Quoting SECL:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)