Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

stinking snow ruins everything...

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:29 AM
  • 3 Replies

Last night we got about 5 inches of the wet heavy snow, and on top of that it sleeted and now its raining. my issue is that i just got to work and since i am the opener i am supposed to shovel both entrances. however the front entrance is a public sidewalk that is about 4ft wide and about 12ft long. the back entrance isn't as big. i normally wouldn't mind shoveling, but this is my first pregnancy that is going as planned. my last one ended in a miscarriage at 6 weeks. i dont want that to happen with this one. so ladies do i shovel just enough to get in and out or do i leave it alone and explain to my boss when she gets here?

also i am only 4.5 weeks along. so i know i am still in the risky part of my pg

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
NESmith63
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this
How far along are you? You should be fine to shovel......I don't think you could cause a miscarriage that way. Unless of course you are on any lifting restrictions. Just go slow and don't try to be lifting way to much at a time.
Gilli13
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:33 AM

Im only about 4.5 weeks. I think I will try a little bit at a time. I dont want to see anyone slip and fall!

Quoting NESmith63: How far along are you? You should be fine to shovel......I don't think you could cause a miscarriage that way. Unless of course you are on any lifting restrictions. Just go slow and don't try to be lifting way to much at a time.

NESmith63
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Honestly you will be fine. I didn't even find out I was pregnant until I was 10 weeks along with this baby. I was doing everything as I normally would up until then. I also had a miscarriage at 8 weeks along about a year ago.....so I do understand concern.

Quoting Gilli13:

Im only about 4.5 weeks. I think I will try a little bit at a time. I dont want to see anyone slip and fall!

Quoting NESmith63: How far along are you? You should be fine to shovel......I don't think you could cause a miscarriage that way. Unless of course you are on any lifting restrictions. Just go slow and don't try to be lifting way to much at a time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)