Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

inducing labor...

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:58 AM
  • 22 Replies
Any suggestions lol. I have a c section for friday. Had some contractions yesterday but nothing consistant. We are getting a huge storm this weekend and i really want to go into labor today/tomorrow so i can get out before the storm lol my df sleeping so sex right now is out. I can't really get to the store. I do have a tea called mothers milk n Dr told me just to wait bc it can cause contractions....hmmmmm lol we could get 2 feet of snow Sunday and I'm suppose to come home Monday morning. Ugh

* so 3 cups of this tea later and nothing. Not that i was expecting any miricles. I'm having more Braxton than anything. Good news is my mom said it looks like these storms might not hit so it could just be about 4 inches or so....that i can handle more than 2 feet lol.
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jlgray1988
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:20 AM
Where are you where you are suppost to get 2 ft of snow!? Im in IN and we woke up to a foot this morning yay not! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KikiB85
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:32 AM
I'm in PA. It's the 3rd snow storm in one week! Week I'm suppose to give birth lol. It all depends how the storm hits but they r saying it could be really bad. 2 ft not guaranteed yet lol but its like a very good possibility. My due date is sat and my c section Friday so I'm almost 40 weeks lol I'm terrified i won't be able to leave hospital. I don't want to be stuck there. Or drive a newborn home in crazy weather.

Quoting jlgray1988: Where are you where you are suppost to get 2 ft of snow!? Im in IN and we woke up to a foot this morning yay not! Lol
CutieCrab
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:12 AM

Walk a lot.  Lol That's all I got.

KikiB85
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Except it's complete ice n snow outside....I'm trying to stay off my butt ....lol I been cleaning...I've never gone i to labor on my own. Those contractions yesterday was closest I've even come lol. I'm drinking my tea and hoping it stirs things up. It tastes gross tho lol. But says I can drink up to 5 glasses a day. I doubt I'll drink that much but it's my only hope at this point lol

Quoting CutieCrab:

CutieCrab
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:29 AM

Goodluck! :)

Quoting KikiB85: Except it's complete ice n snow outside....I'm trying to stay off my butt ....lol I been cleaning...I've never gone i to labor on my own. Those contractions yesterday was closest I've even come lol. I'm drinking my tea and hoping it stirs things up. It tastes gross tho lol. But says I can drink up to 5 glasses a day. I doubt I'll drink that much but it's my only hope at this point lol

Quoting CutieCrab:

hot_momma633
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:34 AM
Walk up an down stairs if you have them. It spicy food! I was vacuuming when i started labor with my second dd. Good luck tho.
musicaldoula
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:29 PM

Maybe you'll end up with a successful Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC) instead! Wouldn't that be nice?

KikiB85
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:33 PM
Eh lol i dunno bout that. I've already had 2 c sections with my older kids. Maybe I'm just more scared of the idea lol. I've never gone into natural labor. My oldest they tried to induce me after a week being late n it did nothing.

I'd just like to get it started so i can get home before the storm sunday.

Quoting musicaldoula:

Maybe you'll end up with a successful Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC) instead! Wouldn't that be nice?

Pagan_Mommy84
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:37 PM

There's a lot of things doctors believe induce labor, but in the end they all say the same...it won't happen until baby's ready for it to happen unless you have your OB/Midwife induce you.  There are risks with that, but in my case, there's more risks if we don't, so I'll be induced May 14th.  But I hope things move along and you get your baby soon =D =D =D GL!!!!!!  I'll be waiting for pics lol :) 

HazelBug
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:18 PM
There is a chance you might naturally gestate past the 40 week mark and you could go in when labor started after the storms are over.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)