Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

High blood pressure at 32 weeks-morning update...Final update :-(

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:11 AM
  • 12 Replies
Ok...morning update: I get my protein levels tested between 11 and 1 today. At 150 I'm good,300 they keep me, and 500 means delivery is imminent. Obviously we're hoping for the lowest number, but I've still got concerning issues.

My bp is still in the 130s/70s, which is high for me. I'm having terrible headaches, and they are frequent. I'm also having pains that may be related to my liver swelling and not my gallbladder. (Apparently the pain of the liver swelling is about the same as a very minor gallbladder attack, which would be why I never thought to complain. I'm used to my gallbladder issues.)

Anyway, that's the update right now. Best case scenario, I'll be out tonight after my second steroid injection for Jackson's lungs. Worst case would be having to stay to be monitored constantly because my body is being difficult. And of course, the option I don't want to even consider right now...having Jackson at any part of 32 weeks gestation.

I normally don't ask this for myself, but please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

Grrr...final update on all this...NOT what I was hoping for:

I am preeclamptic. My doctor wouldn't give me the numbers, but told me she'll let me go home as long as I take it easy and I don't go to work. I have an appointment Monday for another sonogram to check on Jackson (just a precaution), and we'll be discussing my date to be induced...at 37 weeks...which also happens to fall during Karina's spring break. (March 10th-14th) Talk about timing! So...I'm just waiting for 4pm to get my second steroid shot and get discharged. :-/

I feel so bad about this. I know 37 weeks is still good, but I'm so much healthier this pregnancy, and now I feel like I failed. I know I didn't, but I still feel like crap about it. :-(
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jenbah81
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:44 PM
I hope your numbers keep you from having to delivery soon! If you have to though it'll be ok. I had my 32 weeker back in May and gettin both sterroid shots she came out perfect. Never needed oxygen and didn't have any other alarming problems. Her 3 1/2 week NICU stay was maknly just for her to grow and learn to eat. Thinking about ya today!! FX for good results!
LeeBug32
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:48 PM

Praying for you!

ambs86
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:46 PM
Prayers!
joywalz
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:07 PM
Prayers for you..hoping everything is ok!
Red_Tempest
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:48 PM
BUMP!
jenbah81
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:10 PM
Aw I am so sorry. You are right though...it isn't your fault so try notto be hard on yourself. You couldn't do anything to prevent it.
Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:10 PM

I'm sorry you are going thru that.  I was sent home on bedrest for pre-e at 33w with my first.  they induced me at 38w.  it's hard to watch our bodies do things that we cannot control but what you can control is taking it easy.  these things happen and your baby will be just fine!!!  GL mama!!!

Carolynishappy
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:14 PM

I'm sorry that you have preeclampsia. I had a severe preeclampsia with my son and delivered him at 30 weeks. When I was dianogsed I was immediately admitted to the hospital on bedrest. I was not able to go home until I had him. It must not be terribly bad if the Dr is letting you go home. Try to take it easy and I willkeep you and your family in my prayers. If you need to talk feel free to message me. I know what your going through. I've been through it. (hugs)

*^*Carolyn*^* 

alkakfnxcpoem
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:27 PM
I was wicked healthy during my pregnancy as well but ended up with high blood pressure (not full blown preeclampsia but close) at 37 weeks. I'm 24, healthy BMI, only gained 25 pounds, exercised until I couldn't anymore. Sometimes it just doesn't matter how well you take care of yourself. I hope everything goes well for you and your little boy can stay in there for a few more weeks. Good luck!
Red_Tempest
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 12:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you all for your words of encouragement, your prayers, and good thoughts.  I'm doing a bit better tonight emotionally.  My boyfriend is beng very supportive, and that helps a lot. :)

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)