Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those that have been on bedrest...

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:17 AM
  • 7 Replies
What were you put there for and how far along were you?
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:27 AM

My second was because of a fall I had and ended up in L&D in labor. Luckily it stopped on it's own. I was 26 weeks and put on bed rest for a week. I was fine after that and just had to take it easy.

My third I was twenty some weeks due to a fall again. I slipped and did the splits. Contractions started right away. I was on bed rest for a week and had to take it easy for a month after that.

sourpatchmom098
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:46 AM

I was at the end of 7 months when i went for one of my scheduled app. i told my doctor someting was feelig weird (this was my first child and i didnt have any previous experience o compare it with) and told her everyone i talked to at work said i was having the brackston hicks. she hooked me up to the monitor and aid no, those are real contractions your having preterm labor (i think it was over exertion at my job as a hosekeeper) she sent me over to the hospital and they monitored me for almost the whole day. she told me about the pill breathaline (its technically for asthma but she said it helps to stop contractions) she told me i could only have up to a maximum of 3 doses and if it didnt stop it i would have to go on bedrest. well several hours and 3 pills later, my contractions kep coming back. i was sent home on bedrest until i hit 35 weeks. after thst she said the baby would be developed enough that it would hurt her if i had her then. I endd up having her at 37 weeks and 3 days, and with the exception of jaundice, she was very healthy when she was born. I am a little concerned now though because i'm pregnant now (this will be my 4th pregnancy, second child) and am still doing housekeeping, this time at a hospital and it is more physically demandingthan the last housekeeping job i had. I am worried that itll happen again and i wont know what to do about taking care of my 5 year old and getting he to her therapy and school and everything else that entails raising a 5 year old autistic child. My fiance is here with me but if i end up on bedrest hell be the only one working to keep up on the bills and i ont have any family down here close at hand (they live an hour away, and wouldnt be able to do much to help)

alkakfnxcpoem
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:54 AM
I was put on pelvic rest (take it easy, no sex) for two weeks at 32 weeks because I was having preterm contractions. No cervix change or pain, just tightening every five minutes or so.
Then my blood pressure went up at 37.5 weeks and I was put on modified bed rest. I wasn't induced right then because I didn't have other bad signs but after 4 days they decided to just induce. Honestly I would have put myself on bed rest if they hadn't. I spent most of the day on the couch and still felt awful and dizzy. It was no fun.
.PinkHart.
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:55 AM
Placenta previa with both. With Ds at 25 weeks and with dd at 30.
darcibeisheim
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:58 AM

With my second pregnancy I was put on hospital bed rest at 30 weeks due to preterm labor caused by his birth defect. 

lilmomma27733
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:15 AM

i was around 34 weeks and i ended up on bed rest because my little one had tried to come early a couple of diffrent times and so the best option was to take things as easy as possible. bedrest is boring and i hope not to have it agian. the town where i lived at the time they don't have the proper facilitys for really early babies so they try to hold them off as long as possible.

jenbah81
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:40 PM
I got hospital bed rest with #4 at 30w6d when my water broke. I was there 11days before she decied to come on her own.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)