Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think animals can sense the baby?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:12 AM
  • 14 Replies

Mobile Photo

From the moment I found out I was pregnant, my pets have been affectionate and loving. It wasn't as noticeable with my dog, but for DH's cat it was a complete personality change.

My pup has been very affectionate with my belly. In the first trimester she would paw at it. Throughout my second and third (I'm currently thirty two weeks) she wants to lay her head on my belly. Recently, she's been sniffing and trying to lick my belly.

I do believe that animals can detect hormone and chemical changes, but I'm amazed at how loving my pets have become since I got pregnant.

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KikiB85
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:18 AM

Mobile Photo

Yes. My dog always laid literally on top of me..from the start he has now laid his head on my belly on my thigh n doesn't climb on top of me. And he's by my side constantly....he was a cuddle bug before but he's only gotten worse. My cat can too but poor thing doesn't get my cuddles much cuz my dog likes to chase him lol
cateringtomel
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:20 AM
That's how I found out I was pregnant when I was bc my female became too protective. She would literally NOT let anyone near me including my DH. I was telling her trainer how she started acting really strange over night. His answer: maybe your pregnant. I just laughed but sure enough I was.
JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:27 AM

Mobile Photo

Oh yes. My cat is obsessed with my belly.
Cynthia86
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:29 AM
My cat was clueless!
Alluring
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:38 AM
These are so cute. We just have horses and I haven't noticed a change. I haven't seen them much lately but mine was acting like she usually does.
TimaReinstein
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:44 AM
I have a male cat and at first he was really weird around me but now im 11 weeks and he is so gentle around me.. Even if i hold him and he gets annoyed he just wiggles and never takes out his nails or ever tries to hurt me. He knows to be gentle with me :D i love him!
abifasc
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:09 PM
I've only had pets when I was pregnant with my oldest but my cats were magnetized to my belly. They were constantly wanting to sit on my belly.
SECL
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:20 PM

Yes, and I think my 3 year old can too! lol ;)

pinklovesnore
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:27 PM
My cat is obsessed with my growing belly! I can't lay down or sit without her literly on top of me. With all my horomonal changes its also sending her into heat I swear every two weeks. I've had her for 3 months, she's a rescue we found outside, and vet wants her to gain and maintain weight before getting her fixed. She was anemic and severely under weight when we brought her in, so I guess it takes some time. She's also very vocal so when she's in heat she keeps us up all night!
missbritt22
by Brittany on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:08 PM
Yep! My pups have been acting very clingy towards me, always want to be laying on my belly, all three of them!!! So it's pretty crowded when we snuggle, lol! I'm barely showing yet and they still know something is up!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)