Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How big is the uterus in the 4th week?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:10 PM
  • 22 Replies
I ask because I'm very early, 4 weeks, 6 days, and last night after some fun with hubby I was laying on my back and could feel what felt like my uterus right above my pubic bone. It softened after a few minutes. This is my third pregnancy. I thought this early its still too small to feel. I'm average sized. Just curious. I know everything is fine. :)
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
srm8824
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:41 PM

I guess it's possible but definitely not probable. Most people would say that your uterus is still tucked into your pelvis at that time. 

SuperMom2433
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this
That's what I thought! Maybe it was just my mind playing tricks on me or something.

Quoting srm8824:

I guess it's possible but definitely not probable. Most people would say that your uterus is still tucked into your pelvis at that time. 

lUcKyLoVe22
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:50 PM
It's still pretty small.
sjenkins8208
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:51 PM
12 weeks is normally when the uterus peeks over the pelvic bone. I'm 16 weeks with my 5th pregnancy and my uterus is right where it "should be", midway between my pelvic bone and belly button
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:29 PM

Your uterus is only slightly larger than normal even at 6 weeks. And it is still well below the pubic bone. I shouldn't be felt above the pelvis until about 9 weeks. 

Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:47 PM
This

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

Your uterus is only slightly larger than normal even at 6 weeks. And it is still well below the pubic bone. I shouldn't be felt above the pelvis until about 9 weeks. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuperMom2433
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:02 PM
Hmmm...wonder if I might be further along than I thought... :/ my first appt is on Monday.

Quoting Luvmy2babies22: This

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:06 PM
I'm pg with #3 too and thought I could feel a lump early too but it wasn't. you would have to be quite a bit father along to be feeling your uterus but if you weren't charting ovulation then it may be possible. Your first appt should clear that up. GL and congrats.

Quoting SuperMom2433: Hmmm...wonder if I might be further along than I thought... :/ my first appt is on Monday.

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuperMom2433
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:10 PM
Okay....that makes sense. I'm looking forward to my first appt!

Quoting Luvmy2babies22: I'm pg with #3 too and thought I could feel a lump early too but it wasn't. you would have to be quite a bit father along to be feeling your uterus but if you weren't charting ovulation then it may be possible. Your first appt should clear that up. GL and congrats.

Quoting SuperMom2433: Hmmm...wonder if I might be further along than I thought... :/ my first appt is on Monday.

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:38 PM

That's what I was thinking. Good luck!

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)