Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

measuring 3 weeks behind?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:06 PM
  • 7 Replies
Hello ladies,

I went for my 1st scan yeaterday. I was supposed to be 9 weeks. U/s measured 6w1d. Saw yolk sac and fetal pole but no cardio activity. The tech said it looked like the pregnancy would not be viable. The ob i saw refused to draw my hcg which threw a red flag for me. I go back next week to repeat the u/s. I have had some spotting but it has stopped.

My lmp is 12/03/13,
bfp 12/31/13,
1St hcg 1/7/14 was 234
2nd hcg 1/9/14 was 650
3rd hcg 1/16/14 was 3,813.

That is the last hcg i had done.

Anyone have anything similar and baby be fine?

Thank you, i am just looking for hope.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
JacknJill
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:09 PM
I don't have anything similar but those hcg numbers look great. I'm sorry about that and I hope everything works out. I would call back and demand a blood test. I don't know why doctors deny simple tests.
Kayla2013
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:13 PM
Thank you,

I even called my primary dr and she said since the ob wouldnt do it, she cant. It sucks,

Im hoping its just because im overweight and baby is growing slow and took forever to implant.

Quoting JacknJill: I don't have anything similar but those hcg numbers look great. I'm sorry about that and I hope everything works out. I would call back and demand a blood test. I don't know why doctors deny simple tests.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kristiansmommy1
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:28 PM
Can you get a new ob? That's weird they wouldn't draw blood. My son measured behind at the beginning too and they said it was probably just a miscalculated period or I ovulated late
Devious103102
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:30 PM

I don't know what to say other than good luck.  I've measured behind but 3 weeks seens a bit much unless you're just way off on your dates. 

Devon143
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Same thing happened with me, they told me the pregnancy was most likely unviable and confirmed with two other doctors in the office, went back a week later and seen a beautiful little heart beat! I'm now 21 weeks along. There is hope! I will say a prayer for you
tiffa5ny
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:50 PM
Many times the heartbeat isn't strong enough at 6 weeks to detect. Mine was too small to detect at 6w2d, but at 8 weeks I had a perfect little heartbeat. Don't stress yet, your dates could just be off. Sending sticky vibes your way!
samsanders
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 3:51 AM
Measuring 3 weeks behind is a huge gap unfortunately. They say measuring a week behind is normal. I had the same thing happen to me :-/ and I lost that baby. I hope a miracle happens for you though. Get a second opinion. They shouldn't refuse to draw your blood ever so I would go back and refuse to leave until they draw it. Good luck mama.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)