Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Helpp!! 37.4 weeks pregnant... i have heart rate in the 160-180's need some opinions!!!!!!!!

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:31 PM
  • 7 Replies

i hope im posting this in the right place i am new here!!

im 37.4 weeks pregnant

I have pregnancy related SVT my heart will randomly go up to the 160-180's bpm

I feel faint everything goes black I get numb, hot and nauseous .
This has happened 4 times later in this pregnancy.

I saw a cardiologist all test were normal and they said when baby is born it will go away..
We'll it happened again yesterday and the cardiologist was very concerned and wanted baby delivered within a couple days because I should not be feeling this way  and hes not sure what effect my heart rate going so high can have on the baby..and I'm home with alone with a 3 year old and if I pass out it obviously wouldn't be good

ob monitored me for a couple hours I was fine baby was fine they did an ultrasound everything was good besides baby wasn't practicing breathing..

She has me at home on bed rest. She refused do deliver baby even tho cardiologist was all concerned and strongly suggested it.. am i really too early to have baby?? and also OB said if I have a problem with my heart... just drink juice? Don't go back to ER or anything

also bed rest with a 3 year old not easy

THanks!!

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
JacknJill
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:33 PM
I have never heard anything like this. Here is a bump for you and try to stay relaxed! Getting stressed probley isn't good for you, your heart or your baby! Good luck!
Seximama23
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:34 PM
Yes 37.4 weeks is still a little early to have baby. I don't know how to help...maybe drink lots of water? I got like that if I was dehydrayted or not enough protein in my system
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:41 PM

If you are concerned, I would seek another opinion.  And, I would ask the cardiologist to have a phone conference with your OB to decide on the best care plan for you and baby versus one doctor saying one thing and vise versa...you need them to come together to decide on a plan for you and baby.  Also, if you feel the need to go to the ER, I would go if it were me.  The safety and well-being of baby should be top priority.

I hope you feel better!  And, I would drink water and try to relax and limit physical activity.

smolinskif
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:49 PM

Im on Bed rest so im Deff relaxingg!! lol

i dont think its  Dehydration related & my Cardiologist did talk to OB i feel like she was agreeing with him untill i got up to L&D then she changed everything she was saying lol

i do have an appointment on Friday with another docter in the same practice.so ill just ask him... .

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:05 PM

Good luck come Friday.

Quoting smolinskif:

Im on Bed rest so im Deff relaxingg!! lol

i dont think its  Dehydration related & my Cardiologist did talk to OB i feel like she was agreeing with him untill i got up to L&D then she changed everything she was saying lol

i do have an appointment on Friday with another docter in the same practice.so ill just ask him... .

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:20 PM

I think you need to get a second opinion from another OB. You should have been sent to a fetal cardiologist not just left with a regular OB at this point. 

my2beauties133
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:40 PM

I don't know about mama having this issue, but my DD2 had tachacardia in utero. Her heart rate was going up to the 200s, and at its lowest was in the high 160s. This was consistantly, not every now and then. So my OB decided to deliver her at 37 weeks because he felt she was better off on the outside (and he had good reason as another mama lost her baby due to same condition). Now, she is a healthy, happy 4 year old. I agree with getting a second opinion. They need to weigh the pros and cons of delivering now. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)