Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Question about breech babies

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:27 PM
  • 20 Replies

Has anyone ever carried a breech baby that didn't end up flipping?  I had an u/s on Monday and the baby was breech.  Granted, I'm only 27w and know that he/she could easily have flipped around already but it just got me thinking.  I've been in so much more pain this pg in my lower abdominal muscles, pelvis, etc. and know it may just be because it's #3.

Regardless, of what this baby will do in the end, I'm just curious about carrying a breech baby:  Is it more painful (in the hips, more RLP, etc) to have the baby in that position vs. head down?

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SuperMommy22
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:31 PM
I didn't have round ligament pain with my breech baby, but I did with my second.
I had low fluid though so there was less weight kind of.
Proud-mama-05
by Stacy on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:31 PM
My last baby was breech. She was head down about 34wks then about 35-36wks she flipped breech and stayed that way. It's not any more painful to carry but if baby stays breech until delivered they will do a hip ultrasound few wks after birth because it can cause issues with their hips being in that position at such a late gestation (supposedly).
justinnaimee
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:33 PM
I'm 37 weeks and mine is breech. He hurts way more and is way heavier than my two others who were head down.
babie113
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:33 PM
my baby was breech at 34weeks but he flipped by his edd
MomTo2SillyBoys
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:35 PM
I'm curious too. I'm 28w3d and had an U/S yesterday and baby girl is still breech. Has been that way since week 20. I've had a lot of lower abdominal pain as well.
staciexo
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:43 PM

I was breech until last week. I am 36wks. It has been much more painful while she was breech. But still could be a third baby trend.

Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:59 PM

thanks for the responses ladies.  i guess i'll never know what the full culprit is but gosh, my muscles at the lowest part of my belly are sure sore!!!!  this baby is 90th percentile which doesn't help...

Devious103102
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:01 PM

DD2 was breech till just a few days before she was born but there was deff a lot more pressure down below.

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:01 PM
My last baby did a lot of flipping up until 37 weeks. The aches when she would turn breech were brutal! It got so frustrating.
Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:04 PM
So you could actually tell when she was one way vs the other? Crazy! Gosh I hope this peanut flips and stays flipped

Quoting Pandapanda: My last baby did a lot of flipping up until 37 weeks. The aches when she would turn breech were brutal! It got so frustrating.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN