Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

babyshower

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:35 PM
  • 14 Replies
So any ideas on a good winter baby shower? Games food and etc.
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pandapanda
by Amber on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:02 PM
Do you have a theme?
Aneeta2470
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:20 PM
Its basically safari. Its a coed baby shower.
Pandapanda
by Amber on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:05 PM
Have you checked Pinterest? I'm sure there are tons of ideas there.

When I think jungle, I think monkeys (bananas, peanut butter, chocolate), lots of bright fruit (fruit tray), exotic birds (pin the feather on the tucan?)

Quoting Aneeta2470: Its basically safari. Its a coed baby shower.
Kristothatina
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:15 PM
Pinterest always has TONS of ideas!! Or just google safari baby shower ideas.
Aneeta2470
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:17 PM
Now I feel dumb... I love pintrest. Thats how I came up with ideas for room and all. Thank you!

Quoting Pandapanda: Have you checked Pinterest? I'm sure there are tons of ideas there.

When I think jungle, I think monkeys (bananas, peanut butter, chocolate), lots of bright fruit (fruit tray), exotic birds (pin the feather on the tucan?)

Quoting Aneeta2470: Its basically safari. Its a coed baby shower.
Aneeta2470
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:18 PM
Feeling dumb go on it all-time for ideas...thank you!!

Quoting Kristothatina: Pinterest always has TONS of ideas!! Or just google safari baby shower ideas.
Kristothatina
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't feel dumb! There are ideas that aren't on Pinterest! It never hurts to fish around for them.

We have 5 women planning my shower including myself. It's just like a ton of different ideas put together. Put a bunch of women's minds together and you come up with greatness!

Quoting Aneeta2470: Feeling dumb go on it all-time for ideas...thank you!!

Quoting Kristothatina: Pinterest always has TONS of ideas!! Or just google safari baby shower ideas.
Aneeta2470
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:33 PM
We have my mom, aunt, and me... but my aunt thinks this is about what she wants and even made a list of wants and dont needs!! And the dont needs are what the dad needs!!! But she doesnt like him and wants it just girls so doing it all girly. :/

Quoting Kristothatina: Don't feel dumb! There are ideas that aren't on Pinterest! It never hurts to fish around for them.

We have 5 women planning my shower including myself. It's just like a ton of different ideas put together. Put a bunch of women's minds together and you come up with greatness!

Quoting Aneeta2470: Feeling dumb go on it all-time for ideas...thank you!!

Kristothatina
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:46 PM
I've never been to a shower that wasn't just women :/ Have you thought about having a separate "party" for him? Diaper parties are pretty cool. All guy party BYOB and a pack of diapers. Chance for guys to hang out and you get diapers. It's not exactly what you want, but it would be bypassing your aunt so you don't have to worry about her. And you can do it your way.
lillucky8
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:06 PM

we love to do potluck for showers etc to help cut down the cost, games you could do 

bingo-have the guests fill in the boards with items they would guess you will open for gifts, and as things are opened people mark off on their boards and whomeever fills a line first bingo!

word scramble-make a list of baby related words and scramble them up-this helps keep people busy while you are making the rounds to say hi and opening gifts etc

guess the belly size is always a popular one

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)