Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how im feeling

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:30 PM
  • 6 Replies
Ever since I went to the hospital on Friday tempt being dehydrated and having contractions regularly, I an having them more often. Yesterday they were even painful, I know some are Braxton hicks as they say they are not painful. I will be 37 weeks on Tuesday could this mean I may go sooner than my due date?
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Libra113
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:32 PM
Sorry for misspelled words, don't know where tempt came from lol suppose to be for. Also most of the contractions are painful .

Quoting Libra113: Ever since I went to the hospital on Friday tempt being dehydrated and having contractions regularly, I an having them more often. Yesterday they were even painful, I know some are Braxton hicks as they say they are not painful. I will be 37 weeks on Tuesday could this mean I may go sooner than my due date?
caligirl7613
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:46 PM
probably. its quite common for babies to come sometime within the 2 weeks before your EDD or 2 weeks after. try upping your water intake and laying quietly. i got dehydrated at 1 point in time and had period like cramps, upping my water intake helped get rid of those. also BH can and do hurt at times. i know alot of people say they dont but i totally disagree, though they are no where near the pain level of real contractions. baby is coming soon, make sure you got your bag packed, a plan in place for older kids (if you have any) and then all you can do it wait.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Libra113
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:56 PM
I think I had the flu Friday because I couldn't even keep water down but I drink about 48oz of water a day. Last night I had contractions so bad, they felt like when I went into labor with my daughter but after an hour an a half they died down so I didn't call midwife. I did go early with my daughter but I think it's because I had my membranes swept. I'm hoping I go soon. He is very healthy and weighs 6 pounds so I'm sure he would be fine. Thank you for the advice :)

Quoting caligirl7613: probably. its quite common for babies to come sometime within the 2 weeks before your EDD or 2 weeks after. try upping your water intake and laying quietly. i got dehydrated at 1 point in time and had period like cramps, upping my water intake helped get rid of those. also BH can and do hurt at times. i know alot of people say they dont but i totally disagree, though they are no where near the pain level of real contractions. baby is coming soon, make sure you got your bag packed, a plan in place for older kids (if you have any) and then all you can do it wait.
caligirl7613
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:16 PM
i would up your water to 64 oz or more if you can keep it down(i know its a struggle) and just count the time down :)

Quoting Libra113: I think I had the flu Friday because I couldn't even keep water down but I drink about 48oz of water a day. Last night I had contractions so bad, they felt like when I went into labor with my daughter but after an hour an a half they died down so I didn't call midwife. I did go early with my daughter but I think it's because I had my membranes swept. I'm hoping I go soon. He is very healthy and weighs 6 pounds so I'm sure he would be fine. Thank you for the advice :)

Quoting caligirl7613: probably. its quite common for babies to come sometime within the 2 weeks before your EDD or 2 weeks after. try upping your water intake and laying quietly. i got dehydrated at 1 point in time and had period like cramps, upping my water intake helped get rid of those. also BH can and do hurt at times. i know alot of people say they dont but i totally disagree, though they are no where near the pain level of real contractions. baby is coming soon, make sure you got your bag packed, a plan in place for older kids (if you have any) and then all you can do it wait.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Libra113
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:20 PM
Yeah I feel like it's tougher to keep down because when I drink it I feel like it's sitting in my chest and I'm so bloated. Bit I will try. Thank you

Quoting caligirl7613: i would up your water to 64 oz or more if you can keep it down(i know its a struggle) and just count the time down :)

Quoting Libra113: I think I had the flu Friday because I couldn't even keep water down but I drink about 48oz of water a day. Last night I had contractions so bad, they felt like when I went into labor with my daughter but after an hour an a half they died down so I didn't call midwife. I did go early with my daughter but I think it's because I had my membranes swept. I'm hoping I go soon. He is very healthy and weighs 6 pounds so I'm sure he would be fine. Thank you for the advice :)

Kristothatina
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:23 PM
I've read in multiple places that Braxton Hicks are more common when dehydrated. I would increase fluid intake and just see where it goes. 37 weeks is far enough that the baby will be fine if delivered soon.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)