Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Chest Pains?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:35 PM
  • 10 Replies
Anyone experience this at all? Like sharp pains? I'm 36 weeks and am feeling them off and on today. Just wondering if its something I should call my doc about tomorrow or if its something that can wait until my appointment next week.
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krn210
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:17 PM

Is it like a stabbing feeling when you take deep breaths, or are bending? Or is it more of an all the time thing? Shortness of breath?

Honey_Comb
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:18 PM
I've had shortness of breath and occasional rapid heart for a while. My doc said its just from being pregnant. Today I have had maybe three times where its been a sharp pain for a couple seconds and I've been sitting down I believe both times.

Quoting krn210:

Is it like a stabbing feeling when you take deep breaths, or are bending? Or is it more of an all the time thing? Shortness of breath?

krn210
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:25 PM

I would call for sure if you start having an increase of shortness of breath along with the pain. The reasoning for my questions, were that I too was having pain like that.  I know that it sounds totally wacky but mine ended up being acid reflex, seemed odd to me because I wasn't experiencing a burning feeling.  It was sharp like you said and in the middle of my chest.  I hope that you start feeling better! 

Quoting Honey_Comb: I've had shortness of breath and occasional rapid heart for a while. My doc said its just from being pregnant. Today I have had maybe three times where its been a sharp pain for a couple seconds and I've been sitting down I believe both times.

Quoting krn210:

Honey_Comb
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:31 PM
I know it's not heartburn but I didn't think of the acid reflux. I did have some poo yesterday and this morning. If it ets worse I'll call but if not I'll just mention it to my doc. Someone said it could be pulmonary something which sounds scary enough.

Quoting krn210:

I would call for sure if you start having an increase of shortness of breath along with the pain. The reasoning for my questions, were that I too was having pain like that.  I know that it sounds totally wacky but mine ended up being acid reflex, seemed odd to me because I wasn't experiencing a burning feeling.  It was sharp like you said and in the middle of my chest.  I hope that you start feeling better! 

Quoting Honey_Comb: I've had shortness of breath and occasional rapid heart for a while. My doc said its just from being pregnant. Today I have had maybe three times where its been a sharp pain for a couple seconds and I've been sitting down I believe both times.

Quoting krn210:

krn210
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:53 PM

Pulmonary embolism? That is scary.  If you are worried I would call.  That's what they are there for. :)

Quoting Honey_Comb: I know it's not heartburn but I didn't think of the acid reflux. I did have some poo yesterday and this morning. If it ets worse I'll call but if not I'll just mention it to my doc. Someone said it could be pulmonary something which sounds scary enough.

Quoting krn210:

Quoting krn210:

Honey_Comb
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:56 PM

I'll be calling for sure tomorrow morning. :)

Quoting krn210:

Pulmonary embolism? That is scary.  If you are worried I would call.  That's what they are there for. :)

Quoting Honey_Comb: I know it's not heartburn but I didn't think of the acid reflux. I did have some poo yesterday and this morning. If it ets worse I'll call but if not I'll just mention it to my doc. Someone said it could be pulmonary something which sounds scary enough.

Quoting krn210:

Quoting krn210:

KikiB85
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:04 PM
I get pain like right in the center at time...I'm pretty sure it's gas. It's extreme n hits my back too. But i will get it from time to time.
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:11 PM

Any time you experience something like that, you should call your doctor just to be safe. 

samsanders
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 4:06 AM
Not sure. I would call though. When it comes to pains in the chest I just wouldn't risk anything.
momy231
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 4:23 PM

I had shortness off breath and I could feel my heart pumping .  After some time they figured out my iron was really low and the baby was taking my oxygen level at times.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)