Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

idk...(*TMI*TMI*TMI)

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:45 PM
  • 7 Replies
So I have been dealing with constipation for a while now no big deal. well I was trying to use the bathroom about an hr ago and didn't do much :/ but when I wiped I found that I had a slimy string of discharge coming out of my vagina. I couldnt get it with the toilet paper so I had to phisicly pull it out with my fingers. it would not brake apart. it was like pulling a string out and wraping it around my fingers as I was pulling it out.

go back to 2 Tue ago and I had went in to see my Dr about belly pain and a slimy clear discharge. he checked me out and said my cervix looks good and in tact. but thinks my gallbladder is what was causing the pain. I was worried about pre term labor but he ruled that out.

I'm 17 weeks and 4 days today. why would I have a clear slimy discharge if everything is fine. this is my 2nd pregnancy and I never have delt with this. its really scary thinking 'what if' it is my mucus plug. but what else could that be???
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jlgray1988
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:58 PM
Even if it is your mucus plug they can replenish themselves. My best friend lost hers at 16 weeks and carried her baby until 36 weeks. Good luck Mamma!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pandapanda
by Amber on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:59 PM
1 mom liked this
It's part of your mucus plug. Sometimes if you strain for a bowel movement, it can dislodge some of your plug. Losing pieces of plug is fine. It happens to everyone at some point, but it constantly regenerates. Unless you start having contractions, don't worry about it.
uriahadel
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:55 PM
This! I lost my mucus plug several times this pregnancy. The first time started at 16 weeks I believe. It regenerates itself. I am now 27 weeks

Quoting jlgray1988: Even if it is your mucus plug they can replenish themselves. My best friend lost hers at 16 weeks and carried her baby until 36 weeks. Good luck Mamma!
lillucky8
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:08 PM

your mucus plug comes out in pieces thruout pregnancy and regenerates, i'd say maybe you should discuss the constipation with your doc, if you are straining alot it could cause other issues

decemberLee13
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:10 PM
We have talked about it. he has put me on something to help...its not helping so Tue masking him what to try next :/

Quoting lillucky8:

your mucus plug comes out in pieces thruout pregnancy and regenerates, i'd say maybe you should discuss the constipation with your doc, if you are straining alot it could cause other issues

lillucky8
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:20 PM
1 mom liked this

i'd call before tuesday, i remember how uncomfortable it is to be prego and constipated, we pay alot of money for our docs/nurses/etc, dont be afraid to call!

Quoting decemberLee13: We have talked about it. he has put me on something to help...its not helping so Tue masking him what to try next :/

Quoting lillucky8:

samsanders
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 4:02 AM
Just your plug. Like PP said don't worry unless you start contracting.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)