Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

debating over being induced

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 11:27 PM
  • 49 Replies

Are you against being induced? My husband is against it and im for it. My doctor gave me the okay to get induced at 39 weeks but DH says no. Let it happen naturally. Of course he would --- he is not the one in constant pelvic pain etc. But whatever

by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 11:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momto1ryen
by Lindsey on Feb. 10, 2014 at 11:37 PM
4 moms liked this
I won't give my opinion but what I can say no matter what it is my dh's opinion is just important as mine. I understand its my body, but its our child so I don't feel superior to him.
lauren.m
by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 11:37 PM
I'm not against it but I would prefer going into labor on my own. In the end you need to decide what is best for you. Its his baby but its your body and its up to you to decide the best way for you to do it.
smorgan865
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 11:39 PM

My first was induced at 39 weeks because my husband was getting a kidney transplant the following week (it as a crazy few months!)

I wasn't dilated or effaced at all. I spent a whole day on pitocin and it did nothing. The 2nd day finally started to do something, eventually they broke my water and that did start things moving along much quicker. My son was born at 7:47 that night after 30 mins of pushing. 

Honestly I think that birth was easier than my 2nd one that i went into labor on my own. 

BUT inductions can often be extremely painful, and if your doctor isn't patient enough "failure to progress" is thrown around a lot. You may end up with a c-section. Not a guarantee, but happens frequently.

1shoncy1
by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 11:40 PM
6 moms liked this

let me say this. For the record he IS always right, as it seems and I DO want the best for the baby. So I am going to call off being induced and let it happen naturally. I wont be pregnant forever...

victoriaherring
by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 11:42 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm against it and my husband is pretty much on my side for whatever. He knows I've done my research. I'd rather deal with the temporary pain while I'm pregnant than any side effects that may come from an induction (and possible c-section that is a result from it)

doulala
by Emerald Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 11:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Pain might be something worth working on.    What is going on?   Induction is so risky (for baby and for mom).    I am for it but when needed because it's so dangerous.    Your husband cares about your health (and baby's)!   ;-)

Halensmommy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I am totally against because of my own personal experience, which doesn't Halen with everyone. I was induced when my body wasn't ready and ended up having a c section. My best friend was induced bc of high Blood pressure when her body wasn't ready, and had to have a c section.  Like I said this doesn't happen with everyone. But my c section recovery was awful and I still have issues (7 years later) with adhesions. I had to have surgery this past summer to remove adhesions caused by my c sections. This is just my personal experience. I hope to go into labor naturally this time around. And trust me, it doesn't seem like it now (I know I've been there twice!) but you WILL miss being pregnant when it's all over. Don't rush it. Savor these last few weeks!

doulala
by Emerald Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 11:43 PM

Quoting 1shoncy1:

let me say this. For the record he IS always right, as it seems and I DO want the best for the baby. So I am going to call off being induced and let it happen naturally. I wont be pregnant forever...

Good attitude, stay strong!
What's happening with your pain? 

Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers ~ strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.

~Barbara Katz Rothma

When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth will change. -Mongan

1shoncy1
by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 11:46 PM

I have polyhydraminous- too much amnio fluid- so I have always meausured a month ahead since i was 4mo pregnant. This is very very uncomfortable for me/ moving around is hell. Im measuring 43 weeks. so im very uncomfortable-- yea thats me crying like a baby

doulala
by Emerald Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 11:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting 1shoncy1:

I have polyhydraminous- too much amnio fluid- so I have always meausured a month ahead since i was 4mo pregnant. This is very very uncomfortable for me/ moving around is hell. Im measuring 43 weeks. so im very uncomfortable-- yea thats me crying like a baby

Well on the bright side, baby is comfy!    All that extra space to swim around in.    ;-/

hugs

Just as a woman’s heart knows,

How and when to pump,

Her lungs to inhale,

And her hand to pull back from fire,

So she knows when and how to give birth.

- Virginia Di

ICAN

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN