Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Low blood pressure at 26 weeks?

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 11:43 PM
  • 6 Replies
I'm 18 years old and 26 weeks pregnant. Outside of pregnancy my blood pressure is around 110/60. But my blood pressure has dropped to 88/53-98/60. Is this hypotensive?
by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 11:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 12:27 AM
I'm not sure but I did have a friend whose bp dropped during pg. never caused any issues for her. What does your doc say?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
samsanders
by Samantha on Feb. 11, 2014 at 3:42 AM
Did your doctor not say anything to you about it?
briellesmomma
by Velvet on Feb. 11, 2014 at 3:47 AM
My blood pressure is low with the twins too. We're all fine :)
xsaripevecx
by Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 7:09 AM
My doctor told me it's a little low but unless I'm feeling side effects not to worry. When I stand up i get a little dizzy, but other than that I feel pretty okay. Is it normal to feel a little dizzy when I first stand up? My mom thinks that it isn't a side effect of low blood pressure.
MrsErdos2011
by Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 7:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Depends. Your blood pressure can vary by 10-20 points at any given moment. That is possibly completely normal for you.
MrsErdos2011
by Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 7:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Your mom is right. Standing up too quickly causes all the blood in your legs to rush to your head. This far along in your pregnancy it is going to be far more noticeable than when you're early on or not pregnant.

Quoting xsaripevecx: My doctor told me it's a little low but unless I'm feeling side effects not to worry. When I stand up i get a little dizzy, but other than that I feel pretty okay. Is it normal to feel a little dizzy when I first stand up? My mom thinks that it isn't a side effect of low blood pressure.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)