Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

fear of sex

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2014 at 11:49 PM
  • 10 Replies
I found out I am pregnant about a week ago. I am maybe 5 weeks..... I haven't had sex with my husband since I found out. I want to, but I am scared to death it will cause me to miscarry. A lot of the time he can be super rough. I have had 2 mc's and both times the bleeding began the day after we had sex. Please ladies I need advise.. I dont want to go on feeling this way.
by on Feb. 11, 2014 at 11:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kanesgirl13
by on Feb. 11, 2014 at 11:50 PM
Tell him to take it easy and slow thats what i got to tell mine and im 16 weeks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Melodee0119
by on Feb. 11, 2014 at 11:54 PM
My pregnancy before this one ended in in mc. So I told dh that there wouldn't be any sex until I at least saw a heart beat
Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 12:23 AM

Honestly it's very unlikely that sex is what caused the mc but if you're really worried then just hold off for a few weeks till after you see the doc. Good luck and congrats!

samsanders
by Samantha on Feb. 12, 2014 at 3:35 AM
We didn't have sex my first trimester. I too was scared of a miscarriage and so was he. Once we heard his heart beat at my 12 week appt we both felt good enough about it.
jtkmom3
by on Feb. 12, 2014 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this

there are many other ways to have sex and intimacy. try those instead!  have fun and good luck

wife to my best friend, cord blood banking advocate

www.mazecordblood.com

mss119
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 2:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Just tell him to be gentle, i had to with mine as well. Although I agree with pp that the sex isn't likely to be what caused the mcs. If you'd be more comfortable you could call and ask your ob?
AviannasMama
by Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:38 PM
I would just not have sex. It's only for a few weeks! Better safe than sorry; )
Mom2five87
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:41 PM
This exactly. Like you, I have the fear that sex will somehow cause problems and Dh is big so I just tell him to take it easy and don't go too deep. Sorry for the tmi. lol

Quoting kanesgirl13: Tell him to take it easy and slow thats what i got to tell mine and im 16 weeks
jlgray1988
by Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 12:05 AM
I'm 28 weeks and I am still afraid to have sex!
Pearl12108
by Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 1:12 AM
We had sex about 2 or 3 nights ago. We took it easy..but somehow I feel like I am letting him down. He acted bored. We are used to having sex at least 4 to 5 times a week. He thought it was weird that I asked him to pull out. I have heard that infections can cause MC's...so I just thought I'd try and keep it cleaner that way. Meh!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)