Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Anyone else room sharing?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2014 at 4:02 PM
  • 45 Replies

We just got a 2 bedroom apartment for me, my DH, and my 6 year old daughter. If this baby was a girl I figured her and my DD could share a room, but it is a boy. So we are planning on sharing a room with the baby for a few years until we are ready to move into a 3 bedroom. I feel like I am missing out on setting up a nursery. Anyone else not have a spare room for the baby at the moment?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 12, 2014 at 4:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
purplepink1992
by on Feb. 12, 2014 at 4:04 PM

You could always do half of dd's room a nursery! They could still share :).try to make the best of what you got to work with mama

KelliansMom
by on Feb. 12, 2014 at 4:07 PM
Baby will be in our room. But his clothes and such will be stored in my sons room. We are in a two bedroom town home.
smurfy88
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 4:07 PM

Thanks! I am definitely grateful for what we got, we've had a roommate for so long that it is going to be so nice to move into our own place without a roommate. 

Quoting purplepink1992:

You could always do half of dd's room a nursery! They could still share :).try to make the best of what you got to work with mama

CafeMom Tickers
smurfy88
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 4:08 PM

This is what I was planning on doing as well, having my DD share a closet with the baby.

Quoting KelliansMom: Baby will be in our room. But his clothes and such will be stored in my sons room. We are in a two bedroom town home.

CafeMom Tickers
Heather2001
by Heather on Feb. 12, 2014 at 4:09 PM

I had three kids in a 2-bedroom house for a while.  We co-slept so it wasn't terrible....for a while.  We've moved since then, though.

kristen518-06
by Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 4:20 PM
We only have a 3 bedroom and my son has a room and sd has the other so baby will be sharing with us for a while
princess_peach
by Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 4:25 PM

Baby will be in our room for the first few months at least. We are also in a 2 bedroom. We have two girls now and this one is our first boy. If we still live here when I'm ready to have him out of my room, he will still go in the girls' room. I don't think the gender thing is a big deal at this age.

HKing01
by on Feb. 12, 2014 at 4:37 PM

We'll be sharing our bedroom with baby for a while just to make it easy during all the middle of the night breast feeds. Our bedroom is on the first floor and the other bedrooms are upstairs. I don't feel comfortable having the baby that far away for a while. Our 2 older boys share a room and our daughter has here own room. This baby is a girl so when she is bigger and sleeping through the night I will put her in her sister's room.

bamamommy2009
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 4:41 PM

We have one girl 4, and one boy 2 and are expecting one more baby this fall{gender unknown right now} my kids have their own rooms however they like to share a bed{they're snuggle buddies lol}  we plan on keeping their rooms as they are instead of converting my son's room into a nursary and just letting our room be shared. -it is big enough i can put the baby bed on my side of the bed, I don't care for a changing table- we have taken my son's cloest and used it to store the abby's things in for now and will let that be where the diapers,wipes,toys, and clothes be at for baby since he has a dresser inhis sister's room and her cloest is big enough for both of them. we just bought a house last sept its a 3 br 2 bath-was not expecting to add another so soon lol

F.E.
by Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 4:43 PM
We have a spare room but decided to keep baby in our room for the first year. With my first son we hardly ever went in the nursery during the day and at night way to often :) he didn't sleep through the night until he was 13 month ... so this time I decided to keep baby closer for night time feedings... I am sad not to have the excitement of making a nursery but I am planning lots of cute organizing projects and little stations throughout the house that make it easier for diaper changes and generally keeping the new baby accessories organized.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)