Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Water Birth...First time mom to BE...

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 12:22 AM
  • 11 Replies

Hi all, 

i need to ask this as a very serious question please.

i am now almost 23weeks pregnant and i want to do the waterbirth, i am going to see my midwive on the 17.02.2014 for first consultation as i only decided to do it that way from 19weeks, anyhows, i see millions of FIRST time moms that has to go differant ways after they cant do the normal waterbirth way???

it scares me now, did any of you do it the natural waterbirth way and with NO complications? 

by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 12:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
samsanders
by Samantha on Feb. 13, 2014 at 3:46 AM
Bump
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 10:41 AM

I have tried three times. But all three I have labored in water and will labor without water. Hoping when we decide to have another one it will work out to have a water birth. My first and third were natural births and my second was not. I will never do a medicated birth. I love my natural births.

I found what works to help me relax and water was a big one. It's called the midwifes epidural.

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 10:50 AM
My 3rd baby was a natural water birth with no complications. It was my best birth experience so far! In fact, I'm planning another for my 4th :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ramalamasp
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 11:22 AM

I didn't have a water birth, but I did have a natural, unmedicated birth as planned. I had no complications with my first.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 12:34 PM

With my first, I wanted a water birth.  And, I was in the tub, but it relaxed me sooo much that I started to fall asleep.  So, I eventually came out of the tub since I just wanted to deliver the baby.  Nothing else, you can try to have a water birth and see how the water works for you...you can always hop right on out if needed.  My fourth birth, I finally was able to have a waterbirth with no issues.  It was great! 

kajira
by Emma on Feb. 13, 2014 at 1:26 PM

I never made it to the tub in time to deliver - but I used the tub during my labor while I waited to figure out if I was in active labor or not.

In the tub, I couldn't even feel anything. (granted, I had a jetted bath tub and the jets did a good job. LOL)

I ended up delivering in my bedroom on the bed (and it was a really close call to delivering her on the bedroom floor. haha!)

I'm not sure what's gonna happen this time around.

My first, my doctors induced me, and it didn't go very well, I narrowly escaped an unneeded c-section, and the induction caused a lot of complications.

My unmedicated, with no interference birth went perfect with no complications. This time I'm pregnant with twins and I'm 99% sure no OB will let me have a water birth with twins.

doulala
by Emerald Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 7:59 PM

Me--   my kids were waterbirthed.   :D

Are you planning a hospital birth?
Moms might be less likely to be successful with a natural ( and water) birth in that setting but it's possible.
Do you have help (for labor, before and after)? 

Johlsh
by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 8:38 PM
I havent had one yet, but tomorrow I will be going in for an induction and we are planning on a waterbirth.
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Feb. 13, 2014 at 10:44 PM

The majority of women who truly want a natural birth end up getting one. Most complications come from unneeded interventions. Women were made to give birth. You need to do all the research you can into normal birth, interventions, and complications of pregnancy and labor. You need to make sure your have a birth team and a support team who knows what they are doing and is fully supportive of you. Hire a doula, get your husband on board. And also prepare for just in case something does go wrong. That's where the research comes in. I suggest reading Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin. Also, The Birth Partner by Penny Simkin. Start researching by reading the articles on evidencebasedbirth.com find reputable people to ask questions of and go from there.

babydylan3
by Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 10:51 PM
I had a home water birth with no complications with my first baby and will do the same with this one on the way. I wouldn't change it for the world
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)