Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why am so emotional this early in my pregnancy???!!!

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 1:43 AM
  • 5 Replies

OMG! So let me tell you what just happened...

I'll try to cut to the chase quickly but you all need some info first in order for this to be clear, okay? Okay here goes.

My boyfriend wants another dog. We have 1 dog and 1 cat. I am 8 weeks pregnant and already mad at the world so I do not want another dog running through the house like a maniac. He's the dog person and I dont like his dog, I'm the cat person and he don't like my cat. Whatever right?

So for the past forever he has been trying like hell to talk me into another puppy. I've had a very solid answer to this issue. NO! NO! and once again... NO

Now to what happened and why I'm all ill at the moment.

We were in the living room, he's watching a movie and I decided to look at pets on craigslist to see what was out there just out of curiosity and boredom. I came across a cat. This cat had eye problems and was described as a sweetheart, and was a rescue kitty. I emailed the lady to tell her that her description of the cat was the sweetest thing I had ever seen and I wished her luck in finding a good home for the cat. I didn't want the cat I was just being nice. (plus the ad itself about made me tear up)

So I tell the boyfriend about it and he snapped this at me.

"F**k no you are not getting another cat"

I reply with, "I wish you would quit with your attitude! I was looking for a dog for you! I just told the woman it was a sweet ad!"

He looks at me like I have completely lost my mind and says, "Are you crazy? Or am I crazy??"

"You're f**king crazy!!" I snapped and off to the bathroom I ran to keep from crying in front of him and I bawled like a baby!

WTF?? I'm fine now after a shower and a minute or two but for some reason that set me off and I dont know why lol his tone maybe?

Now we arent speaking to each other lol I'm in the bedroom about to go to bed and he is in the living room I'm only 8 weeks along and do not remember being this emotional with my first....

I tell you what though, If he thinks that he's getting another dog now he can just forget it!

cryingWhy do I look like this pea every 5 minutes??!?!?!

by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 1:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
samsanders
by Samantha on Feb. 13, 2014 at 3:36 AM
Hormones will do that to you. Plus every pregnancy can be different. Hope you can find a way to balance those emotions ;) and I would highly recommend NOT getting another dog. We had one dog and right brides I got pregnant bought a puppy.. It's been hell having two dogs running around like crazy. The cats have been fine (have two of those also).
LillysMom585
by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 10:33 AM

Hahaha right? Our cat don't bother me at all. She's calm and little.. Then again I'm so much more of a cat person anyway. I was going to try and give it a shot with another puppy but with the way he snapped at me absolutely not! lol

mss119
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:45 AM

hormones can definitely make us do and feel crazy things :) I hope you feel better, I know I've been crazy emotional too, and I'm only 5.2 weeks, lol!

Justine1993
by Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:52 AM
I've been crazy emotional since about 8 weeks too I'm 27weeks now lol I'm having a boy this time and didn't have that issue with my daughter til I was about 16 weeks pregnant lol
LillysMom585
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:23 AM

The crapabout it is that my boyfriend doesn't understand... lol He thinks all the crazy happens when you're further along.. I thought the same thing since with my daughter I was fine... lol EVERYTHING upsets me! God he left for work and his dog is freaking out and whining cause he left without her and I am ready to hang the dang thing!! That never bothered me before and now I'm just like lord someone come get this thing before the ASPCA comes to put me in jail! lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured