Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

C-section with no pain meds

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 3:19 AM
  • 33 Replies
Has anyone else had a c-section and decided against using pain meds afterwards? I had one on the 11th at 32 weeks and had some IV oxytocin then a few hours later they had me take some pills but since then I have only taken Tylenol.

It's been a little over 24 hours since I've had any strong pain meds.
by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 3:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ramalamasp
by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 3:28 AM
1 mom liked this

I've never had a c-section, but I know several women who never took any narcotics for pain after their c-sections. If you are ok without them, then go for it. Strong pain medications should only ever be used when they are actually needed. If you don't need them, don't use them.

nikkis1990
by New Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I had them turn off the morphine once I was semi-conscious. I kept dropping my daughter, while trying to bbreastfeed
treysmom9706
by Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 9:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I refused them once I got back to my room. I hated the feeling. 800mg motrin was good for me. Good luck to you! !
comptonkids
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 9:50 PM
1 mom liked this
The extra strength Motrin was all I took
Firenygirl180
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 9:51 PM
I took as needed afterwards, which was like twice, mostly because i was doing more than i should have been.
mommy2casidee
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this
3 c sections one of which was twins and never took pain meds
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2012Rabbit12
by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 9:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I nvr had a c-section. however I heard they were painful. But if you are fine with just tylenol, I would continue taking just that. you could always change your mind if the pain gets worse later.

Larsbug
by Laura on Feb. 13, 2014 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I only took ibuprofen with both my mine...I was told no tylenol, is that what your doc told you to take?

Halensmommy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 10:33 PM

I'm allergic to most good drugs so I get the pump for twelve hours then I can maybe get away with taking pain pills for about 48 hours, after that it's vomiting which is awful after a csection so I just opt for ibuprofen. 

peachaz1
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:43 PM
It's hard because my fiance feels the need to be silly and thinks he needs to make me laugh but I tell him that laughing only hurts me
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)