Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

HPT lines getting darker.. good sign?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 1:55 PM
  • 13 Replies

Back in August I had a blighted ovum. Unfortunately since them my husband and I have been trying to get pregnant and it has not worked out. For the past 3 months I would get faint pregnancy test but a few days later AF would come.

I am now a week late and I took three test. The line today is darker than the first 2 days. Even though I see lines I can't get excited because it never works out. If the lines get darker is that a good sign? Also, I sometimes have dull cramps on my overies, is that normal?

(Taken 5 days after missed period)

(Taken 6 days after missed period)

Taken today, 7 days after missed period)

by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
my2beauties133
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 2:01 PM

I'm sorry for your loss. Yes, it is a good thing when the test gets darker. Maybe you could go get a blood draw to have your levels checked. Congrats and best of luck!

Larsbug
by Laura on Feb. 13, 2014 at 2:10 PM

that's an awesome thing! congrats!

samsanders
by Samantha on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:19 AM
Very good sign that it's getting darker! So sorry about your loss(es). I hope things work out this time for you and your husband. Hugs!
sexymamatoone
by Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:22 AM

Those look darker than the ones i got with the same test when i found out i was pg with my ds. i am now due in about 7 weeks. good luck and im so sorry you are having so many issues. ill be praying for you. 

Tawn26
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:30 AM
It might seem nerve wrecking but i personally think its going to stick,it sounds like you were having chemical pregnancies and you know they leave you fertile so say a prayer i already said one for you and go to your doctor let them know what's been going on. You're going to make it think pray and breath positive it sounds like its your season congrats
CutieCrab
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:50 AM

Darker is better!

mommy4life15
by Ashley on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:05 AM
Those are darker than what I got with my baby :). Congrats mama!
LoveMyBug2013
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:47 AM

Congrats!  Like the others said, the positives were likely chemical pregnancies (fertilized egg that doesn't implant or very early miscarriage)--those would not have survived and so development stopped very early. 

The darker they get at this point means that you have more HCG concentrated and that the levels are increasing--a very very good sign! 

Congratulations!

jlgray1988
by Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:17 PM

I'd say your def pregnant and its going OK! This was mine at 4 days before my period. I live these tests!
TrishyyKat
by Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:27 PM

I would say it's a very good thing they are getting darker, that means your HCG levels are rising!

Lilypie - (1BjH)Lilypie - (e3IR)
Lilypie - (YMQ8)Lilypie - (9GKY)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN