Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

not as much fetal movement...getting worried...

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 6:16 PM
  • 19 Replies
im 39 weeks today and the last few days ive noticed less movement...shes still moving, just alot less often and the kicks are not nearly as strong. Ive been having strong BH contractions for months but now havent felt any in a few days at all. im starting to get a little worried is all. we are under a state of emergency due to ice and snow and cant really get anywhere. we dont have a car right now and plus the drs office been closed for a few days (like everything else) and SOs grandma wont come get us (and the roads so bad she probably wouldnt make it here) and the only place she could take me would be to the nearest hospital and i would hate do look crazy showing up in the ER for what could be considered nothing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 6:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 6:18 PM
Call the hospital and speak to the on call doctor.
Try drinking ice cold water or juice and lay on your side.
At this stage baby is getting a bit cramped up.

If you have to call for an ambulance and go.
JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 6:19 PM
Have you been doing kick counts? You say she is still moving, just not as much. It's normal for them to move less or for their movements to change as they run out of room. I would drink something and lay down and see if you feel 6-10 movements in an hour, and if not call and see if you should be seen in L&D!
babie113
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 6:20 PM
its normal as they run out of room
iHEAVENn
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 6:23 PM

Call L&D and find out how many kicks you are supposed to count in an hour... then see if you get to that number. If not, I would find a way to get in and be seen. I'd rather the be the crazy person showing up being told baby is fine, then the person not worried and having something be wrong. 

-:Logan Jacob:--:December 1st 2007:--:7 Pounds 4 Ounces:- -:My Everything:- 

-:Baby #2 is on the way:-

baby development

ladybugchar
by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 6:26 PM
I was always told 10 kicks in an hour. If you don't get 10, drink juice or something very cold then keep counting for another hour and see if you get to the 10 kicks. If not you will need to go in.
caligirl7613
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 6:27 PM
its not 6 to 10 every hour but its also day time. she has ALWAYS been less active during the day and amps up about 1am for a good few hours. the intensity of the kicks has just changed so drastically. its gone from swift had jabs to more soft pressing that you wouldnt really consider uncomfortable

Quoting JessiFaye: Have you been doing kick counts? You say she is still moving, just not as much. It's normal for them to move less or for their movements to change as they run out of room. I would drink something and lay down and see if you feel 6-10 movements in an hour, and if not call and see if you should be seen in L&D!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caligirl7613
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 6:30 PM
yea, im going to text SO and see when he comes home from work if the person who gives him a ride will run us up there n drop us off. the hospital is close

Quoting iHEAVENn:

Call L&D and find out how many kicks you are supposed to count in an hour... then see if you get to that number. If not, I would find a way to get in and be seen. I'd rather the be the crazy person showing up being told baby is fine, then the person not worried and having something be wrong. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iHEAVENn
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 6:56 PM

Good :) It is always better to look crazy and have nothing be wrong :) Good luck!

Quoting caligirl7613: yea, im going to text SO and see when he comes home from work if the person who gives him a ride will run us up there n drop us off. the hospital is close

Quoting iHEAVENn:

-:Logan Jacob:--:December 1st 2007:--:7 Pounds 4 Ounces:- -:My Everything:- 

-:Baby #2 is on the way:-

baby development

TeamBlueNPink
by Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 7:16 PM

i know that after you eat a meal lay on your side and count kicks and if you dont get 10 in hr drink glass of water/juice and do it again. if you dont get 10 in hr call your dr or L&D

MommieCotter42
by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 7:21 PM
I'd you go into labor how are you going to get there? Sometimes the baby slow down as they get ready for labor.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN