Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Enlarged heart?!

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 6:22 PM
  • 6 Replies
I went to the hospital this weekend because I've been very sick with what I thought was a bad cold. But I was coughing so much that my ribs hurt and I was concerned it might be something more than a cold. They wanted to do a chest x-ray to check my lungs. They diagnosed me with bronchitis and sent me home with antibiotics and cough medicine.

Today I got a call from my regular doctor who saw the images from the x-ray. He is concerned that it looks like I have an enlarged heart. He implied this could be a result of pregnancy and wants to send me for an EKG to get a better idea of what's going on.

I'm nervous. I never expected anything like this and I'm worried about what this means for me and the baby and any future pregnancies I may have. Googling this condition is only making me worry more. So have any of you ladies had to deal with this?
by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 6:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
samsanders
by Samantha on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:13 AM
Bump!
mutedsapphire
by Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:29 PM
Bump
AshCH
by Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I havent but I hope someone has a positive story to share, good luck mama♥
mutedsapphire
by Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 10:08 AM
Thanks! :)

Quoting AshCH: I havent but I hope someone has a positive story to share, good luck mama♥
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 5:03 PM
I hope everything turns out ok!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stacy2607
by Gold Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 5:48 PM
I hope everything turns out ok.. word of advise, don't Google it.. it always seems like that will make you worry more..There has been things I have Googled before and it turned out that according to google, I should be on my death bed.. I know it's hard not to because you are looking for answers, but Google isn't reliable to try and diagnosis yourself.. hope you get better answers soon
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)